28 Weeks Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

Saw a preview of 28 Weeks Later last night, the sequel to 28 Days Later

sometimes, you love the original and then the sequel comes along and says, "no I'm even better" := Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, Clerks 2, 28 Weeks Later

I really don't want to say too much about the film so as not to spoil anything, but watch it, it's as good as the original Dawn Of The Dead

oh ok, scroll down for me spoiling it then :)

set in England after the *containment* of the disease, Robert Carlisle stars as the father of a family of survivors. London, more specifically The Isle of Dogs, is being repopulated as the American led troops have the secured Green zone clear of the disease, the Rage Virus.

however, nobody really knows everything about the disease yet, how it spreads and how it affects different people. are the reintroduced population there too early?

that's it, i'm saying no more!!

it's effing ace. there's shades of iraq about the "green zone" in london and loads of amazing shots of london and the sheer "who the hell will make it", intense claustrophobic camera work and layer on layer of gore keep your fists clenched for the whole film

10/10

nice ending too ;-)

Hmmm, I'll have to see it. Shame it isn't the same director - although I believe he produced it.

it does look imense

when is it out

It is AWESOME indeed! Best horror I've seen for ages, well, since 28 Days Later probably.

Very gory - and better than the original IMO.

Went to see it last night and thought it was a predictable pile of shite. I know it's make believe, but so many things just made me sit there and think 'that wouldn't happen'. Like the fact a bloody janitor wouldn't have keys to get to in the quarantine section set up by the american army, let alone the main room she was in.

I saw it last Friday and I thought it was really good. One of the best recent films I've seen. I think there's a political point being made in the film about how useless and trigger-happy the US Army are, inspired from their terrible handling of Iraq. Did anyone else thing there was a point being made about the incompetence of the US Army?

I saw it last Friday and I thought it was really good. One of the best recent films I've seen. I think there's a political point being made in the film about how useless and trigger-happy the US Army are, inspired from their terrible handling of Iraq. Did anyone else thing there was a point being made about the incompetence of the US Army?

Are you saying the people of Iraq are mindless bloody thirsty zombies. Shocking.

easy analogy i thought, the green zone and the shooting of civilians... but it didn't really go political

i thought it was more of a commentary on how people doing what they thought was the right thing was actually the bad thing...

bring on 28 months later ;)

top quality film, very entertaining. cant wait for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669