8 doesn't go into 7 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

That debate again. Given we now have 8 fit players again and given Christmas time as well means that holidays will be little on the ground, we have came to that aged ol' debate again.

I am all for keeping everyone happy. However, if it's simply not possible if we have 8 players doing alright but again if we have 7 winning games, then someone is bound to be left out.

There's 3 ways we could resolve this IMO:

a) We play with 8.

Which has been tried before and doomed. Tried it a couple of times and given the price now to play, it's not value for money plus it's difficult to keep track of.

b) Select 7 on performance.

This will upset people from time to time but would probably get the best results for us.

c) Rotation

Everyone takes turn to miss a game.

Views and Thoughts please

7 who played previously plus Ben (that sounds harsh on Leroy in retrospective given the fine service this summer). Ben felt hard done by when I dropped after he got a goal and set up the other week. Point is that the question will come up again when someone has to miss a game through work etc.

No offence here to Ben but he took a large amount of time out to go to work in America, and for his studies and so forth and can't now come back and expect people to drop out for him. If it wasn't made clear that when he jumped in for one game it was temporary then maybe that was a lack of communication, but I for one will feel very hard done to if dropped for any reason, as I imagine would any of the other 6 who have been pretty much ever presents for the last 12/18 months really.

And the point about Leroy is also very valid.

First of all, I haven't come back and expected people to drop out for me. I've never expected to walk back into the team, and this was shown by the fact by the first time I was picked, it was because Jon was injured.

I said to Harry when I came back that I was interested in playing again on a long term basis now that I’m living back in Leicester and he never said I would only ever be picked on a "temporary basis" so there was no lack of communication.

Thirdly why shouldn't the team be picked on merit? If I played crap one week I wouldn't just expect to play the next week and I don't see what’s wrong with earning a place. I'm not saying someone should make way for me permanently, but if play and play fairly well why shouldn't I play the next week? I was around when this team started and have made myself available whenever I could, including travelling back from Birmingham on reading weeks solely to play football. Just because you and anyone else has played on a regular basis doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a fair crack of the whip like anybody else.

There’s only one person who should play week in week out regardless, and whilst knowing this may appear to be brown nosing, its Harry because he organised and got it off the ground and therefore its his team and no-one else’s.

It does when that is how it has always been ran. When Paul had his knee injury he was out for a lengthy period and Leroy deputised. When Paul was fit again he didn't just drop back in he had to wait, and Leroy graciously bowed out and said he would cover when needed.

But **** it, it's Harry's decision.

Out of interest if we do it based on form, how long is form assessed over? Is it one under par game and you are out? Or is it a string of games? How do you assess form? I don't score many goals, will this be held against me? If someone goes on holiday for a week or has work commitments and the reserve comes in, when the first person returns do they go back into the side, or have to wait? Who will make the decision?

I think you should all draw straws and stop whinging.

I dont understand exactly why your taking this to be a personal vendetta against you matt? Why is it such a problem you've got just as much chance as anyone else of playing regularly?

I was gonna say im probably available to help out again now but thats not really gonna help, oh and if im allowed any input in this then it should be 7 and the one dropped is up to Harry, if the person dropped doesn't like and chooses to sulk then thats up to them. I dropped someone at Sunday league last week so they quit the team, you are better off without people like that.

I was gonna say im probably available to help out again now but thats not really gonna help, oh and if im allowed any input in this then it should be 7 and the one dropped is up to Harry, if the person dropped doesn't like and chooses to sulk then thats up to them. I dropped someone at Sunday league last week so they quit the team, you are better off without people like that.

and you lost!!

Bad management :icon_bigg

and you lost!!

Bad management :icon_bigg

Didn’t you lose as well?

I dropped him as we had 17. Ironically after I told him on the sat he wouldn’t be in the squad 3 people dropped out and I ended up on the bench! DOH!!

I dont understand exactly why your taking this to be a personal vendetta against you matt? Why is it such a problem you've got just as much chance as anyone else of playing regularly?

I'm not taking as a personal vendetta, it just seems wrong to me because of the reasons I have specified.

At the end of the day Harry will decide and I will go along with his decision. It will be interesting to see who opts to go in goal though if my dad lets in a few.

My questions were valid though, how long does a person have to be playing under par to be dropped?

Don't forget you will be coming into a team that has been playing together for a long time, so we know where each other is and needs to be, it would be unfair to expect you to drop straight in and play within the system consistently. It would be equally unfair to expect someone to sit on the sidelines for 4 or 5 weeks waiting for you to do so, and it would be the same if anyone came back from a long term absence.

Either way, with the form people are in at the minute it would be harsh to drop anyone.

If we choose to go this route then of course I will still play, but I am concerned that it will end up pissing off a lot of players, and we will end up with a team much smaller than we have currently.

Also logistics come into it, are we going to start picking based on the opposition? If we play City or AC dead people will we drop an attacking player who is in form for a more defensive player to counter the opposition's strength? If this is the case we don't get a call to know when a game is confirmed until Tuesday earliest, if I or anyone is going to be dropped that suddenly throws their Thursday night plans out.

These aren't meant to be arsey questions btw, I think they are all valid and would be interested to hear your and Harrys opinions on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566