8 doesn't go into 7 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it may not be one persons fault, but one person may've played worse then others, and its just the way it goes.

But it is very very rarely that clear cut. Harry will lose players a lot quicker if he starts commenting on "form" rather than doing it the way every other 5-a-side team does it.

I was willing to wait around to get my chance, its not my fault it came round sooner rather then later. i got dropped even though i played well that week and i felt it was unfair, hence why i said to Harry now that we have 8 and we can't all play the only fair way is some kind of form rotation thing. I've played twice since being back and the first time i was dropped out i didn't moan, so i don't think moaning this time round is that unjustified.

Sorry about that Ben, just to point out that when I miss a week I am not automatically expecting to get straight back in.

Right first of all, let's take a back step and realise we're talking 5-a-side football here on a Thursday evening. The whole point of starting the thread was to gauge a democratic opinion and in sense, I don't 'manage' it, I 'organise' it and want to give everyone value for money (which is sometimes disagreed with by some in terms of playing minutes I dish out). I have very rarely called myself manager because I don't see myself as one really...all I do is collect money and work out the subs in my head to provide a balance between keeping talent and giving everyone a chance.

Form is a subjective matter and I disagree with the notion of goalscoring equals form. As I have seen the likes of Jacob and George suffer slumps in performance through confidence but that's not through a lack of effort and teamwork. That's all I expect off anyone because that's the ideology of being a team. I agree with Matt's opinion that you can't judge anyone on an off-night either...as seen by my recent erratic display in the previous match. Again, I agree that a balance is also required between defence and attack (or players who have an attacking urge and those better at defending).

Point was Ben was unhappy when I neglected him after a good performance and also getting his place back. This happened however at a time when we had our two fittest and almost most experienced (in terms of playing football week in, week out). That was the reasoning why I dropped Ben.

I am appreciate the comments Nath and Leroy given your expertise in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566