All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3537696,00.html

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are lining up a double raid on Leicester for Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman.

Villa are hoping to capitalise on Leicester's relegation from the Championship by luring the highly-rated duo away from the Walkers Stadium.

Mattock and Stearman were two of Leicester's shining lights in a disappointing campaign and a number of clubs flocked to the Walkers Stadium to watch the pair throughout the season.

The defensive duo are regarded as two of the most promising players in England and tipped for big futures in the game.

17-year-old Mattock was the subject of a failed bid from West Ham during the January transfer window and he is the second youngster ever player to represent England Under 21s.

Right-back Stearman is also a member of the England Under 21 set-up and he won Leicester's player of the year award this term.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill has been tabs on the pair all season and he sees Stearman as an ideal replacement for Juventus-bound Olof Mellberg.

A number of other Premier Legaue clubs are also monitoring the pair with Tottenham and Sunderland ready to enter the race for the duo.

Leicester know they face a fight to keep hold of the prized duo as a result of their relegation and they could be forced to sell to the highest bidders.

Last edited:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3537696,00.html

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are lining up a double raid on Leicester for Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman.

Villa are hoping to capitalise on Leicester's relegation from the Championship by luring the highly-rated duo away from the Walkers Stadium.

Mattock and Stearman were two of Leicester's shining lights in a disappointing campaign and a number of clubs flocked to the Walkers Stadium to watch the pair throughout the season.

The defensive duo are regarded as two of the most promising players in England and tipped for big futures in the game.

17-year-old Mattock was the subject of a failed bid from West Ham during the January transfer window and he is the second youngster ever player to represent England Under 21s.

Right-back Stearman is also a member of the England Under 21 set-up and he won Leicester's player of the year award this term.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill has been tabs on the pair all season and he sees Stearman as an ideal replacement for Juventus-bound Olof Mellberg.

A number of other Premier Legaue clubs are also monitoring the pair with Tottenham and Sunderland ready to enter the race for the duo.

Leicester know they face a fight to keep hold of the prized duo as a result of their relegation and they could be forced to sell to the highest bidders.

Nooooo, get the **** off our players!

Was just looking at the lists of players that could leave, was just wondering what kind of money will be generated on sales.

People i feel will leave who may fetch a fee:

Mattock 1.5 million
Stearman 1 million
Mcauley 1 million
Howard 500k - 1million
Oakley 250k - 500k
Clemence 500k
DJ Campbell 1 million
Fryatt 150k - 300k

Around £6 million potentially i know some of the figures are generous, but i feel the new manager will not be given new money they will have to generate it themselves. Not only will it free up transfer money also some of those players (howard,oakley,clemence,campbell) will be the highest earners at the club.

I know its slightly off topic but reading the rumours made me think about it.

Last edited:
Was just looking at the lists of players that could leave, was just wondering what kind of money will be generated on sales.

Mattock 1.5 million
Stearman 1 million
Mcauley 1 million
Howard 500k - 1million
Oakley 250k - 500k
Clemence 500k
DJ Campbell 1 million
Fryatt 150k - 300k

Around £6 million potentially i know some of the figures are generous, but i feel the new manager will not be given new money they will have to generate it themselves. Not only will it free up transfer money also some of those players (howard,oakley,clemence,campbell) will be the highest earners at the club.

I know its slightly off topic but reading the rumours made me think about it.

I actually think some of those were under-generous, I think with the contracts they are on Oakley and Clemence could fetch a million each, and Fryat nearer 750k.

I actually think some of those were under-generous, I think with the contracts they are on Oakley and Clemence could fetch a million each, and Fryat nearer 750k.

I was just going on what we paid for them, oakley was 500k and clemence was 750k, i think may be wrong?

And that getting relegated they may have slightly dropped in value.

Think team in the champ will look to sign howard, even though we have seen no reason why they would want too, other than a few games.

Hahaha funniest thread ever, especially the long part apart Martin O'Neil coming back. I think someone has been eating some funny mushrooms.

Howard 500k - 1million

Howard 6p more like. WTF did we sign him?:bang:

Hahaha funniest thread ever, especially the long part apart Martin O'Neil coming back. I think someone has been eating some funny mushrooms.

Howard 6p more like. WTF did we sign him?:bang:

Because he's a decent championship level striker. He scored nineteen goals for the sheep shaggers the season before and was scoring at a comparable rate for us this season. About one in three.

He looks ungainly at times and is slow and when the team or him individually are struggling acts as a lightening conductor for criticism because he sticks out.

Because he's a decent championship level striker. He scored nineteen goals for the sheep shaggers the season before and was scoring at a comparable rate for us this season. About one in three.

He looks ungainly at times and is slow and when the team or him individually are struggling acts as a lightening conductor for criticism because he sticks out.

6 in 14 for us isn't that bad either, despite the shite service he recieved.

If we're going to have one big thread for rumours (which I personally don't like), can we keep it for just the complete bollocks rumours from the football rumours site, and start new threads when there's a rumour from a more reputable source.

I'd rather that than have to trawl through pages of crap to find the occasional one that might be genuine.

Yeah just football-rumours and newts stuff in here ;)

If we're going to have one big thread for rumours (which I personally don't like), can we keep it for just the complete bollocks rumours from the football rumours site, and start new threads when there's a rumour from a more reputable source.

I'd rather that than have to trawl through pages of crap to find the occasional one that might be genuine.

:038: Give that man a badge :038:

:038: Give that man a badge :038:

OK

GAYGAp_150x150.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484