Announcement....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

I have been working behind the scenes. I will be leaving to go to Edinburgh next week; I have a 6 month contract working in an accounts department, my current employers are willing to leave my job open until I come back. I'm not sure what my future will hold, its exciting and will be financially sound for me.

Today, I have managed to tie a deal with a BnB for £15 p/n for a minimum of 3 weeks as of next week, I'll look to rent somewhere on a 5-6 months short term lease when I find a place. (hopefully with a few scot girls who are up for it)

Anyone got any views on Edinburgh? Or any advice for a first time mover from home?

But, more generally on Edinburgh, it can be a nice place to live. The closer to the centre, the better. New Town is expensive but, if you can afford it, worth it. Friends who still live there say that parts of Leith are now nice and halfway civilised.

I have been working behind the scenes. I will be leaving to go to Edinburgh next week; I have a 6 month contract working in an accounts department, my current employers are willing to leave my job open until I come back. I'm not sure what my future will hold, its exciting and will be financially sound for me.

Today, I have managed to tie a deal with a BnB for £15 p/n for a minimum of 3 weeks as of next week, I'll look to rent somewhere on a 5-6 months short term lease when I find a place. (hopefully with a few scot girls who are up for it)

Anyone got any views on Edinburgh? Or any advice for a first time mover from home?

Its very very expensive.

Enjoy it - it sounds an excellent opportunity. But I'd be careful on using this as excuse to provide a finicial backing for the rest of your life or time to live 6 months care free.

Property seems very expensive but a pint cost about the same as down here when I went last, I guess much of Scotland is generally cheaper for day to day things than down here??

Not in the Tourist parts it isn't:).I believe petrol is very expensive up here,but I don't buy it so I don't really know.Parts of Scotland are cheaper for things but those parts tend to be the shitehole parts.
I think Fitz used to live in Edinburgh so he might be the best person to ask.I do know that a lot of locals from Edinburgh have a fecking big chip on their shoulders and I find it an unwelcoming place

Last edited:
Please tell me this isnt an April Fools.....

has he gone yet?

Nope, he's a fool all year round

:icon_lol:

has he gone yet?

I am now in my BnB. I was allowed to leave early from my work. Packed some things, got my laptop and on WI-FI in Edinburgh as we speak.

Bus driver was quite rude not a fan of this country yet. Saying that i've only been here a couple of hours. I'll have a spare 1-2 weeks so I'll report later on my views of the jocks and Edinburgh.

Hearts & Hibs are the teams supported here. Bloke i spoke to is a fan of Hearts and said Kisnorbo was a class act with his football and with his scoring off the field ratio.

Bus driver was quite rude not a fan of this country yet. Saying that i've only been here a couple of hours. I'll have a spare 1-2 weeks so I'll report later on my views of the jocks and Edinburgh.

Go for a stroll along Leith Walk, I'm sure you'll find the locals much friendlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566