Another break for Weso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Major

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/Wesolowski-blow-Robins/article-420528-detail/article.html

Cheltenham Town manager Martin Allen has been dealt a 'devastating' blow after it was confirmed that midfielder James Wesolowski has fractured a bone in his ankle.

The on-loan Leicester man limped off after 68 minutes of the Robins’ 2-0 defeat at Tranmere yesterday after suffering the injury in a horror challenge by Rovers defender Ryan Shotton.

The former Australia Under 21 international is expected to be sidelined for around four months, meaning his Whaddon Road future has been cast into doubt.

The Sydneysider has become a favourite with the Robins faithful in his short spell with the club after a string of battling performances in the heart of midfield.

One of eight players currently on loan at Whaddon Road, Wesolowski joined Cheltenham on an initial one-month loan deal at the beginning of October.
Click here!

Manager Martin Allen had hoped to extend the deal to the maximum three month spell allowed for emergency loans.

more bad luck for Weso
need to get a bit more calcium in them bones

Bollocks, that really does leave us short of options in midfield - I was hoping we'd have him back in a month's time properly match fit and with a few games under his belt. Need to start thinking about getting someone in on loan...

I think he is a top class footballer but I am beginning to believe that he does not have the physique to play top class football. :icon_conf

I think he is a top class footballer but I am beginning to believe that he does not have the physique to play top class football. :icon_conf

I don't see how his bones being as brittle as a ryvita has anything to do with it, according to the article it was a horror challenge.

I don't see how his bones being as brittle as a ryvita has anything to do with it, according to the article it was a horror challenge.

So was Balde's and we should not forget Brighton. What was the injury he was coming back from? My point is that he seems unable, for whatever reason, to stand up to the wear and tear of professional football. :icon_conf

:(

Shocking news yet again for the kid.

Hope he gets fit as soon as he can.

I hope he gets some sensible advice to give up the game. Three breaks so early in his career - this will have a crippling effect on him in later life.

He must start putting calcium into those bones by drinking milk like Ian Rush, otherwise he will be soon be playing for Accrington Stanley.

Poor lad, such a shame for him...

Would hope that he can come back from it and develop as we'd hoped... but with the way he continues to pick up injuries, it seems unlikely.

How many more fractures/breaks before the kid realises the game isnt for him ??!!

I really wouldn't wish that on him though Cate, that's a huge disappointment for him if that's the case, huge.

He'll bounce back from this - 4 months is not long out of the game and broken bones heal, ligaments etc are far worse

bloody hell, what a shame. i feel really sorry for him. i was hoping he'd get into the team when his loan ends, i'd much rather see him in midfield than king, at least weso gets stuck in.

Oh dear.

Send Weso out on loan was the only decision I would so far question Pearson on. It was an odd one. Especially for 3 months.

Get us some back up now Nigel. King will need a rest eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566