Post Match Arsenal 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pissed away the last ten minutes of that match, when we should have been busting our bollocks for the winner. Very poor, when we had gifted the opportunity

Before the sending off we were a ****ing shambles thanks to the stupid ****ing set up and failure to change the bleeding obvious shitfest that was clear for everyone to see

****ing dreadful

Bennett wasn't the problem Arsenal targeted Albrighton and Soyuncu

Arsenal targeted the massive spaces at the sides of our centre backs and several of our players had no chance. It was poor management only rectified by circumstances (the sending off). Nketiah got us that point.

Totally agree. Why is BR persisting with the same group? There have to be at least a couple of U23s worthy of places on the bench. What was the point of James being on the bench? Under what circumstances would he have been the right change?

I'd much rather see the likes of Thomas and Hirst there even if it's only to give some hope to the younger players.
given Chilwell and Ricardo are out and Fuchs' age the fact Thomas wasn't on the bench as a wingback option was baffling, Josh Eppiah scored and assisted a lot in the U23s, surely he's more worthy of a place over Mendy who won't be here next season or Matty James who shouldn't be

Must win next 2 games.

Important to remember we were without Chilwell, Maddison and Ricardo today - for my money, 3 of our best 6 players and all of them attacking/creative players. So it's no wonder our bench looks short of options!

I think we did well for the most part, just had a, terrible defensive 10 mins in the first half after they scored where luckily Kasper kept us in it

Second half, Arsenal didn't really have a sniff

Bennett wasn't the problem Arsenal targeted Albrighton and Soyuncu

Albrighton always look absolutely lost playing a defensive role. People think because he works hard (and he does), he can defend (and he cant).

its a big ask for Justin to play every game in this side. I feel for him. I think he will be a good player, but he is a target for sides at the moment.

I thought Youri was good. Nacho too.

We pissed away the last ten minutes of that match, when we should have been busting our bollocks for the winner. Very poor, when we had gifted the opportunity

Before the sending off we were a ****ing shambles thanks to the stupid ****ing set up and failure to change the bleeding obvious shitfest that was clear for everyone to see

****ing dreadful

All of that can be put at BR's door and not the players imo.

I’d be willing to bet my house on Ashley Cole disagreeing with the red card.

Would've taken a draw before hand. Before seeing they were shit and happy for a draw. 3 at the back barely helped us as the only one clued up on the system was a championship player.

Albrighton always look absolutely lost playing a defensive role. People think because he works hard (and he does), he can defend (and he cant).

its a big ask for Justin to play every game in this side. I feel for him. I think he will be a good player, but he is a target for sides at the moment.

I thought Youri was good. Nacho too.
if we are going to play those 2 as wingbacks we need to flip them, Albrighton would be more comfortable and Justin has played leftback a lot

That'll do me. We could have got hosed but Kasper kept us in it (again)

Not our best performance but far from our worst. Under the circumstances, I'm happy. I liked Perez today. Worked more than I normally notice, and he has incredible feet. I don't think I want to see Bennet again though. I appreciate it was somewhat make-do today, and he's probably rusty, but he looked every bit a second choice.

I would have loved for us to have nicked it but that would have been asking too much.

If we beat Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, we will finish top four by beating Man Utd on the final day irrespective of what else they do.

I'm looking for Chelsea or Man Utd making a slip but we don't deserve top four if it is not in our hands on the final day.

is seems a small thing but only having 3 left footers, 2 of which being left backs, in our squad is hurting the balance of the team too

Also Iheanacho's disallowed goal was a joke, the same defender barged him over on the half way line and nothing was given

Tbf on the red card, I'd feel disappointed if that was one of our players sent off.

No intention to hurt the player and just tried to stretch to get the ball so it can always look bad catching someone like that.

Law says red card but I don't think you'll ever see a serious injury at those sort of speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669