Post Match Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you want from supporting a team, I guess. Me? I want attacking football, effort and some skills - and I got that tonight. I can handle losing and relegation when the side performs with desire and to the best of their ability.

I'd never, ever hope for a humiliating result just to see that back of a manager with no replacement lined up...I just don't see the logic to it.

I didn't want Pea Son appointed, I don't think he's got a number of decisions correct this season - and he lost me totally on Saturday. But, and this is a huge but, he's leagues better than all bar two managers we've had since I started watching us in the 70s. If we play like this till the end of the season he's welcome to stay on in my book.

And I really don't give a **** about relegation. My finest season was travelling home and away in the third tier.

As I say, it's what you want from supporting a team I guess.

Agree with all of that Mawseybum. Except the relegation bit...I find that prospect depressing for entirely selfish reasons.

We've been unlucky very, very, very occasionally. We've been sloppy almost all season. We've been brilliant (possibly) for 20 minutes or so in one game against Man Utd.
Some people can be too positive, me included, but that is far, far, far too negative.

Realistically, if we get relegated, I'd say the following players will leave:
Mahrez
Cambiasso
James
Kramaric
Schlupp

I wouldn't really like to see our line up without these players to be honest, but I suppose in the Championship we would pretty much have the same team that won the league by a country mile.

Mahrez
Cambiasso
James
Kramaric
Schlupp

I wouldn't really like to see our line up without these players to be honest, but I suppose in the Championship we would pretty much have the same team that won the league by a country mile.

Where would Schlupp and James go? Certainly not to any Premier League sides.

Mahrez
Cambiasso
James
Kramaric
Schlupp

I would add to that list:
Ulloa - to a mid/lower prem side
Knockaert - out of contract
Upson- out of contract
Waselewski - out of contract
Schmiechel - abroad
Albrighton - just to get out of his nightmare
Konchesky - out of contract

Depends what you want from supporting a team, I guess. Me? I want attacking football, effort and some skills - and I got that tonight. I can handle losing and relegation when the side performs with desire and to the best of their ability.

I'd never, ever hope for a humiliating result just to see that back of a manager with no replacement lined up...I just don't see the logic to it.

I didn't want Pea Son appointed, I don't think he's got a number of decisions correct this season - and he lost me totally on Saturday. But, and this is a huge but, he's leagues better than all bar two managers we've had since I started watching us in the 70s. If we play like this till the end of the season he's welcome to stay on in my book.

And I really don't give a **** about relegation. My finest season was travelling home and away in the third tier.

An excellent post Mawsley.

Schlupp, once he gets his brain engaged, will be a great player.

Back to the USA tomorrow having watched 3 matches in 10 days - and 3 losses. What really annoyed me was watching Kramaric up front tonight who was total class - why on earth didn't he play on Saturday against Palace which by far was the most important match and very winnable. Proud of our performance tonight but fear there is just too much to do and good performances do not keep any team up - we need points and need them fast. I just get so mad when I see NP's team selections against the teams around us.

That is the frustration, it's not the performances or results against the top sides, which have on the whole been pretty respectable, it is our inability to get results against the teams in and around us which will see us relegated. Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland & Palace (H), Palace, QPR and Villa (A) we have taken a disgraceful 2 points from 21 let's be honest 6 more points from those wouldn't exactly be amazing form yet would have seen us out of the relegation zone and with a real chance of staying up.

It is the team selections and tactics in these games that I think have raised question marks over Pearson's ability at this level. Also he has to drop Morgan, making far too many individual errors and costing us goals we can ill afford to give away. Time to get ruthless Pearson.

Wasilewski and Huth have to start in the upcoming matches. Wes was great in the championship but he seems to be costing us a goal a game at least. Survival is hard enough without a bloody handicap

Agree.

what a fine effort. Great credit to the players - and to Pearson for getting them up for it which can't have been easy.

Unfortunately Pearson is too flawed in his judgement to be able to operate in this division.

what a fine effort. Great credit to the players - and to Pearson for getting them up for it which can't have been easy.

Unfortunately Pearson is too flawed in his judgement to be able to operate in this division.
On the other hand, fortunately, he is excellent in the Championship.

Given some justified penalties and other assorted poor ref decisions in 2014 we'd be safely looking to next season. Oh, and bear in mind his decision making is better than yours ;)

I thought we played very well. Our shape was much better, it allowed Cambiasso the space to play, it gave us three pacy players that could break on Arsenal, it gave us that extra defender we've needed so often. Upson looked classy, but rusty, and Huth was excellent. Both are part of our strongest eleven. We also protected our full backs much better, something we've been dire at all season.

But for two individual errors by the only two in the team with a serious question mark against them, we could have pulled off a surprise result. Morgan has to be dropped.

As others have said, it's not our performances or results against the better teams that will relegate us.

Back to the USA tomorrow having watched 3 matches in 10 days - and 3 losses. What really annoyed me was watching Kramaric up front tonight who was total class - why on earth didn't he play on Saturday against Palace which by far was the most important match and very winnable. Proud of our performance tonight but fear there is just too much to do and good performances do not keep any team up - we need points and need them fast. I just get so mad when I see NP's team selections against the teams around us.

Maybe like the rest of the team he only plays better against good sides, so starting him against Palace would not have made a difference. Or just needed a couple games to find his feet. Hindsight is a wonderful gift. I do agree about Morgan though. He is starting to look a bit of a liability, even allowing for his heroic shot blocking in every game.

This may read like an attack: if it does, please believe that it is my poor ability to mould the English language to my wishes:-

I say that I do not believe Nigel Pearson is the best man to lead our team and I am accused of not being a true supporter. You say that you do not care as to which division we are to play, and that's true support.... If you had said that you will still be behind the team, in whichever division they may find themselves, then I would be right behind you, but you didn't.

I want Leicester City to be the best team they possibly can and I do not see entertaining football and remaining in the Premier League as mutually exclusive options. Last night's result was impressive and whilst it was probably fair, I don't think that Arsenal could have complained were we to have taken a point: indeed, on a "lucky pants" day, we might have nicked it. Unfortunately, these performances are not what could have kept us in the top flight and that is where I believe we should be.

If, as NP claims in today's Guardian, the owners have never had any thought of dismissing him, then I am truly puzzled. We are now approaching the point where we become dead certs for relegation. Too many people remember last season's 103 points and not nine seasons of Championship mediocrity. The odds will be against our coming straight back. It does not matter how much I, or any of us, may wish that football was a sport untainted by business, it isn't and is unlikely to be so for the foreseeable future. Will the owners be happy to keep pay rolling an average team? What happens if they pull out? Do you fancy non league football? And yes, I too would still be supporting them were such a catastrophe to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669