Ashes 2010 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

good start to the tour....

Western Australia 242/8d and 109/1; England XI 223/8d
WM Robinson 46* MR Swart 16* PD Collingwood 3-2-4-0 GP Swann 11-2-34-0
Stumps - Western Australia lead by 128 runs with 9 wickets remainin

Couldn't have done any better in the warm-up matches. Let's hope we keep the momentum on Thursday.

Highlights to be shown every day around 10pm on ITV4

Aussies drop Hauritz

Australia squad Simon Katich, Shane Watson, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, Marcus North, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Xavier Doherty, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Doug Bollinger.

Aussies drop Hauritz

Australia squad Simon Katich, Shane Watson, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, Marcus North, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Xavier Doherty, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Doug Bollinger.

Weakest Aussie bowling attack in a generation. Johnsons overrated, Hilfenhaus just a steady up and downer. Siddle very average and Doherty an unknown quantity.

Best opportunity in Australia to retain the urn I can ever remember.

Seriously cannot wait for this.

Swanny has beenbowling absolute guff but that was a massive wicket.

143-5 Aussie suddenly looking shakey.

Love it.

Will be staying up a few hours tonight and lay in tomorrow. Should be an interesting 3rd day if we can get amongst them in the morning session.

Big cracks appearing in the pitch apparently. Could be a big day fir Swann assuming we can skittle them out this morning.

Big cracks appearing in the pitch apparently. Could be a big day fir Swann assuming we can skittle them out this morning.

Well, not many signs of a breakthrough i'm afraid. Sitting in a very rainy Melbourne and the 1st session has been painful to say the least.

An absolute plum of and LBW not given, purely because the umpire was playing it safe after a successful referral earlier in the morning.

Not sure where the wicket is coming from, very flat at the moment and the batsmen getting the rub of the green, hopefully tea will provide a welcome distraction for Hussey.

I wouldnt say he's suddenly a world beater. A very average bowler. A really green pitch, I was suprised all the commentators and seemingly Strauss and Poontang were so adamant it was a bat first strip.
I wasn't saying that. It was just the irony that he went on to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566