Asian consortium to buy out City

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I think you are just jumping to conclusions on most of the points. We don't and never will know what goes on behind closed doors at a football club, a lot of speculation goes on and always will. I have never heard the non contract story but I do know we got some money from Bolton when he left. IMO and a lot of others it was good to see the back of him. (Maybe he was on a trial and thats why there was no contract if that was true.)
The Hasselbaink issue could have evolved from a host of things, but I can remember a whole load of times when an old head has helped out and delivered.
As for Sousa being invited by Milan to the play off match, what's wrong with that? Also I know NP was being a pain in the arse at the club well before then. Maybe for Sousa it was for pre appointment talks.

Just to add, there was also the utter baffling signings associated with the appointment of Don McKay (to add Djeziri [whose career is particularly cloudy with his clubs] and Ferreira signed with no manager).

BG, you will not alter my opinion on all three things.

Maybe the Megson situation is debateable but Hasselbaink was played out live on telly and inviting Sousa was poor conduct regardless of Pearson's position.

Last edited:
My issue with Mandaric is the way his ego presents himself, he loves the attention and wants to be involved rather than taking a back seat.

That's absolute crap. All of last season Mandaric has been the most reticent of chairmen to the extent when I felt it would have been good to hear from him for a change.

Football will kill itself because....

No it will not. The current system of professional football will, inevitably, over reach itself but, football will not die and will grow again from the grass roots (an unintended pun!).

We cannot fight the current trend and so, we should ride it: if another millionaire, or group of same, want to spew money into Leicester City, then enjoy the years of plenty - as you say, it will not last.

....The occasion he appointed a manager without a contract at City leaving us ****ed when Bolton come calling.

IIRC the Ginger one was announced to the LCFC faithful as having come on a three year contract. Fast forward six weeks to the departure, and we got several stories

"MM couldn't work with someone who didn't want to be here",
"£300k comp"
"he never signed his contract"

which tended to contradict any logical arrangement of the facts, unless I missed the "and MM got his compromising polaroids back" thread at the time.

IIRC the Ginger one was announced to the LCFC faithful as having come on a three year contract. Fast forward six weeks to the departure, and we got several stories

"MM couldn't work with someone who didn't want to be here",
"£300k comp"
"he never signed his contract"

....which all add to MM's mystery and oddity. We were never really sure of Pearson's length of contract due to conflicting statements.

Diken, maybe I was wrong in saying Football will kill itself it won't but a good percentage of top flight and top half of second tier will hurt themselves. However, the punishments for financial disaster are probably too leninent as shown by Portsmouth and Notts County.

Diken, maybe I was wrong in saying Football will kill itself it won't but a good percentage of top flight and top half of second tier will hurt themselves. However, the punishments for financial disaster are probably too leninent as shown by Portsmouth and Notts County.

Couldn't agree more.

Many clubs are massively in debt as we all know. Probably unsustainably so in many cases. At LCFC we are hoping for rich investors to pump money into the club - inevitably much of it in the form of loans - to lift the quality of the playing staff. The difficulty with all this if it happens is that on the horizon is the European (or is it World?) Football Authorities new ruling that roughly means clubs are not allowed to spend beyond their means - i.e cannot spend above their earnings. This includes not living on funding that comes in the form of loans from rich investors. I think this is from 2014 or thereabouts. This will produce huge changes - the full ramifications are mind-boggling actually if you think it through.

All this isn't talked about much because clubs are not yet cutting back much... Clubs are of course afraid to cut back significantly now in preparation for these changes because they fear losing out to their competitors in their respective league tables, so they are still spending above their means. Of course there is talk of clubs finding a way around these rules, and their boards are probably working on that now, but I doubt the authorities would just sit back & watch that happen - they'd probably close any loopholes. Anyway, interesting times lie ahead on the issue of club spending, the unsustainable indebtedness, and all the things Hazzman and others have alluded to.

{Macky alert: long posting}

Last edited:
The difficulty with all this if it happens is that on the horizon is the European (or is it World?) Football Authorities new ruling that roughly means clubs are not allowed to spend beyond their means - i.e cannot spend above their earnings. This includes not living on funding that comes in the form of loans from rich investors. I think this is from 2014 or thereabouts. This will produce huge changes - the full ramifications are mind-boggling actually if you think it through.

This is exactly why I hope that we do get investment, now. It is, of course, common sense to say that things cannot go on as they are, history also teaches us that those who get in quickly, i.e. before these changes, will be the winners.

This is exactly why I hope that we do get investment, now. It is, of course, common sense to say that things cannot go on as they are, history also teaches us that those who get in quickly, i.e. before these changes, will be the winners.

Yes agreed; the timetable we'd need to see is get the investor and the money in now, then the hoped-for promotion this season or next and then cut back spending as per the new rules alongside everybody else.
Time is of the essence as you say; we need these investors in now for the reasons stated -and also before MM's court case.

Last edited:
Do they actually exist or is it spin from the mad Serb to raise the profile in the hope of attracting an actual buyer?

Do they actually exist or is it spin from the mad Serb to raise the profile in the hope of attracting an actual buyer?

Where have you been ?

Some asian businessmen were spotted in town by a vigilant TB poster only last week

It's nailed on

I suspect that the only person who could truly answer that is Milan. The fact that he has said that he needs at least an investor along side, and the curious change of manager, where it did seem that de Sousa was in before Pearson had left, leads me to wonder if there is something in the rumours this time.

It all started off with the selling of Balti pies.......it's a conspiracy...

We're being sold off to the Asians, in turn, football will no longer be allowed as they have to lift the turf, put down loads of sand so they can play that bloody silly game where they cross their legs and shout silly names, for the life of me I can't think what it's called....

City will have to take residence back at Viccy park, jumpers for goalposts and all that...

Balti is an English dish, not Indonesian

We're being sold off to the Asians, in turn, football will no longer be allowed as they have to lift the turf, put down loads of sand so they can play that bloody silly game where they cross their legs and shout silly names, for the life of me I can't think what it's called....

I haven't got a clue what game that is, but I'm no expert on Indonesian sports

Last edited:

City will have to take residence back at Viccy park, jumpers for goalposts and all that...

Oh dear.

Send 'em all back, couldn't make it up, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669