Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it... The ball quite clearly hit his hand, and VAR reviewed and somehow didn't see that...

Does the League Cup/EFL have different rules on handball compared to the Premier League? Because the Premier League rule is that ANY contact with a hand in the box by the defensive team or by the offensive team in the lead up to a goal in an offense, no? It's a ridiculous rule but it's the one they've been playing to all season.

So how on earth could that be missed? Unless the EFL are running a different (older) interpretation of handball, where only deliberate handball counts, and when they reviewed this they didn't believe it was deliberate. It's the only thing I can think of, but is equally as ridiculous if we have different rules on basics of the game in different competitions.

I don't get it... The ball quite clearly hit his hand, and VAR reviewed and somehow didn't see that...

Does the League Cup/EFL have different rules on handball compared to the Premier League? Because the Premier League rule is that ANY contact with a hand in the box by the defensive team or by the offensive team in the lead up to a goal in an offense, no? It's a ridiculous rule but it's the one they've been playing to all season.

So how on earth could that be missed? Unless the EFL are running a different (older) interpretation of handball, where only deliberate handball counts, and when they reviewed this they didn't believe it was deliberate. It's the only thing I can think of, but is equally as ridiculous if we have different rules on basics of the game in different competitions.
The technology is spot on why the hell do they not talk to the Rugby League and Union boys and ask for advice to get it right, in rugby that would have gone live around the ground and TV and they would have talked there way through it and imo reached the correct decision.

At least we can have morons like Danny Murphy spouting off and saying just get rid of it it is the human element that is cocking it up not the tech, the problem is Hubris and it always has been in football!

I think the ruling is if it hits any part of an attackers arm in the run up to a goal it will be disallowed whereas unless a defender does a Steve Cook, it won't be given.

I seem to recall that the commentator said that the VAR people didn't consider his hand/arm to be in an unnatural position and that's why it wasn't given !!!

(wankers)

I believe they were referring to the first one.

The only excuse for not giving the second one is they simply looked at the wrong incident - no way can that be reviewed and decided it isn't a penalty!

At least at times like this I get hours of my life back instead of listening to football podcasts and reading The Athletic etc

I might sound like a miserable old twat, but this properly gets under my skin. Far too many nice boys in that dressing room.

You reckon? Just think in a semi final you should be as hostile as possible.

Nah I was being sarcastic.

Totally agree with you. All these cuddles are not right. We're in a semi-final away from home. It's not okay if you lose. It's important you get into the right mindset which is "us vs them."

If I was BR I'd make it known that we go out there to do our best, not to retain Instagram friends. No talking to the opposition. But no doubt we'll see Chilwell hugging Mount on Saturday and Mount mounting Maddison.

Well the Villa players look even nicer than our lot, and they went on to win it, didn’t they.....

I think it's a hindsight thing. We win and none of this is scrutinised. We lose and it is. Though I'm still in my 20s, I believe in the old mindset. Be friends, but do so away from match days or with rival clubs don't be friends at all!

The issue nowadays is that they full on cuddle, embrace, have a chinwag. More often than not you used to see a simple handshake, nod, pat on the back, or a quick hug style thing. Now they might as well be humping in the tunnel.

Chilwell exactly the same after the first leg. Should have been moping over his awful performance and not taking a lead into the second leg but his priority was rimming their players.

Chilwell exactly the same after the first leg. Should have been moping over his awful performance and not taking a lead into the second leg but his priority was rimming their players.

This is the bigger problem for me.

After playing like a prized Twat it's all smiles and cuddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363