Match Thread Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC Fox

Why did Mahrez take that... it was a poor penalty.

Jenks

WHY does Mahrez take penalties???

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Why have we stopped trying to bring Mahrez into games?

Perhaps his manner of taking the penalty is a clue.

NYC Fox

Villa have got their tails up, don't like this.

NYC Fox

Villa are pressing really hard, but we're giving them the runaround. They'll be done in by 60 minutes.

NYC Fox

Mahrez is way off the boil... not just because of the penalty miss, but his touches and passes haven't been good at all.

Matt_B

Mahrez is way off the boil... not just because of the penalty miss, but his touches and passes haven't been good at all.
Him and Albrighton are both trying to overplay it. Signs of a bit of fatigue or low confidence I reckon

popillius

As far as I can make out there is a nonchalant, almost arrogant approach to games being displayed by Mahrez at the moment. That penalty sums up what I mean. His ability isn't in question but, at the moment, his attitude doesn't seem to be what it was. Of course, that may be complete bollocks but it's what I am seeing.

MerseyFox

As far as I can make out there is a nonchalant, almost arrogant approach to games being displayed by Mahrez at the moment. That penalty sums up what I mean. His ability isn't in question but, at the moment, his attitude doesn't seem to be what it was. Of course, that may be complete bollocks but it's what I am seeing.
It is a strange one really, he just seems out of sorts and is not hunting down the ball like he was.

Cate Fox

I also wish the sky commentators would stop saying it was a tough call for the penalty - he lifted his arm up to block it. Therefore, penalty.

Matt_B

I also wish the sky commentators would stop saying it was a tough call for the penalty - he lifted his arm up to block it. Therefore, penalty.
See I think it was harsh. Had it been given against us, I'd be cross.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Frustrated that it's not game over already. If it's 2-0 it's game over because they don't look like scoring.

Need another goal to make it safe second half.

londonfox

Graeme Le Saux over here is saying the same thing about the penalty.

He also brought up the point that should it have been a red card? If he handled a goalbound shot then surely he denied a goalscoring opportunity.

Okazaki has been very very good.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Clearly a penalty. What is less obvious is the reason the ref chose not to send him off. My reading of the guidance given to referees suggests that he had no other option.

Cate Fox

Clearly a penalty. What is less obvious is the reason the ref chose not to send him off. My reading of the guidance given to referees suggests that he had no other option.

It is unfortunately another example of inconsistent refereeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669