Australia vs India 3rd Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This is from Jessel, who is still not posting...

Foxin_oz wheres your commentarty, you must be one of those fickle ***** fans

Due to the last test, I now hate the Australian cricket team, cheating fecking *****. Why the **** was the attention all on Baju (H Singh) B Hogg also made racist slurs, wheres this advertised, oh yeah i forgot no-one gives a crap because Australia, "are the best at cricket," not in the 20-20 mate!!! Australian Scum (aimed at Ponting, Symonds and Hogg).

I guess I could give a commentary but I thought no one was interested? :102: :icon_conf

I guess I could give a commentary but I thought no one was interested? :102: :icon_conf

to be fair your right, we couldnt give a toss. england would lose to both teams.

Last edited:
Let's not forget I'm English. But I do support the Aussies against everyone but England. Then I'm torn, cos I've been here for so long now.

Okay just for Jessel I'll try to give a commentary on the test in Western Australia (I'm watching it anyway).

After some decent batting from India and some ordinary batting from the Australians the first innings ended with Australia being 118 behind.

India battled on in their second innings (particularly V V S Laxman) to give the Aussies a total of 413 runs to achieve an historic seventeenth win on the trot. Australia lost two early wickets in their second innings due mainly to some excellent bowling from Irfan Pathan.

At the moment the Aussies are struggling a bit against some good bowling from India with the swing bowlers in particular creating a few problems for them.

Rogers 15 c Dhoni b Pathan
Jaques 16 c Jaffer b Pathan
Ponting 41 (60) not out
Hussey 22 not out
2/104
310 to win
Target 413.

At the moment Ishant Sharma is extracting a lot of bounce and swing from the pacey WACA wicket and has troubled Ponting and Hussey on a number of occasions. At the other end Irfan Pathan is also proving difficult for both batsmen to play. Australia are now 2/117. Ponting 45, Hussey 26.

Ishant Sharma, the 19 year old tall, gangly swing bowler has just swung the ball a long way short of a length and Ponting played at it but only succeeded in getting a thickish edge to 1st slip. Ponting out for 45 hard earned runs. Michael Clarke is the new batsman and has hit a four off his first ball. Australia 3/123 chasing 413.

Last edited:
Sharma is still getting a lot of inswing and is troubling both Hussey and Clarke with his bowling. Particularly Clarke as Hussey being a left hander is in no danger of lbw. Australia 3/129 needing to get 284 for victory and it's nearly lunchtime. By the way it was Dravid at 1st slip who caught Ponting.

Last edited:
There's been a change of bowling at both ends with Kumble, the Indian Captain, bowling an expensive over and R P Singh bowling now from the other end. Australia 3/140 needing 413 to win (another 273 runs).

It is now lunchtime and Australia battling away against a good bowling attack but needing both Hussey and Clarke to forge a big partnership. They still need 271 runs to win and with Jaques, Rogers and Ponting gone it is now important for the batsmen out there to consolidate. It won't be easy as both have been tested by some excellent bowling from the Indian swing bowlers and also Kumble who is always a threat.

While the cricketers are at lunch I thought I'd give my take on the match so far. India have batted extremely well and have given themselves a really good chance of winning this test. Australia were disappointing in their first innings and I think are missing Mat (the bat) Hayden. If Clarke and Hussey can put together a decent partnership it could give the Aussies a slight chance of winning but at the moment if you're a betting man you'd have to think India are going to win this game. From a personal point of view I'm hoping the Aussies can pull it off, but then I'm slightly biased. I live here and I love this country, best place to live on this planet with the possible exception of New Zealand IMO. C'mon Oz! :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Michael Clarke just played and missed at a magnificent delivery from R P Singh. Australia are now facing Kumble and to be honest they are not threatened by him at all, Hussey just hit him for 4.
3/151, Hussey on 44.

R P Singh has just beaten the bat again and Clarke especially seems to have trouble playing him. He's just bowled a maiden over. Something that Homer only dreams about. (If I'm lucky he won't be reading this thread anyway.) :icon_bigg:icon_wink

R P Singh just got the wicket of Hussey with a dodgey lbw decision. Personally I don't think he should have been given out as the ball hit Hussey high on his pads with the ball clearly going over the stumps IMO. Hussey out "lbw" to R P Singh for 46. Australia 4/167.

Last edited:
Andrew "Monkey" Symonds comes out to bat. With the swing bowlers bending the ball like a banana he should feel at home. Australia 4/ 170.

Last edited:
Andrew "the Ape" Symonds just hit a huge 6. Oz 4/177.

Kumble just got Symonds out lbw for 12. To be fair it was sweet revenge as Symonds got Kumble out in the Indian second innings. Oz 5/177 and definitely on the ropes.

Next batsman out there is Adam Gilchrist. Things not looking good for the Aussies. Clarke just hit two 4's in a row, 5/185 needing 228 to win.

Australia need Gilchrist and Clarke to consolidate or it's all over. The last of the "recognised" batsmen are in. Clarke 37 Gilchrist 2.

Last edited:
Australia 5/192 needing 221 to win. Looking very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669