Speculation Bamba to Trabzonspor

Status
Not open for further replies.
this move is dragging on

Such is the problem in the age of instant access media. Before the internet, you wouldn't even know it was going through until it happened, unless you had a mate on the training ground. Nowadays, we find out weeks in advance in some cases and so it does appear to be taking ages. I doubt it takes that much longer to conclude a transfer now than it used to.

Some people involved are on holiday, so they might not be rushing to get everything sorted and signed like they would on deadline day.

Trabzonspor complete signing of Sol Bamba from Leicester City for £750000 2012-06-18 02:03:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trabzonspor have completed the signing of Sol Bamba from Leicester City.

The Black Sea club released a statement on the Public Disclosure Forum (KAP) stating, "Trabzonspor have agreed terms with Souleymane Bamba and Leicester City FC. Leicester City FC will receive a transfer fee of £750000 for the move."

The Ivory Coast international is set to join national team compatriot Didier Zokora and will be playing under manager Şenol Güneş.

Güneş achieved legendary status as manager when he took the Turkish national team to the Semi Final's of the 2002 World Cup.

The Trabzonspor manager has guided his team to two Turkish cup wins, the Super cup and narrowly losing out on the 2010-11 league season on goal difference to Fenerbahçe.

Bamba has represented the Ivory Coast 52 times and made 37 appearances for Leicester City in the English Championship last season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might we actually receive more than we spend this summer?

Considering we've spent about £3 million quid already, I'm going to stick my neck out and say no.

Have we? On whom?

De Laet, James and Vardy. Doubt it comes to £3 million, but maybe it will with add-ons.

I know you can't take reported transfer fees as gospel, but from what I've read, we spent a combined £1-2 million on De Laet and James and it's also been said that the Vardy deal was in excess of £1 million. No doubt there will be add-ons etc, but I stand by my point - considering the players we've bought in so far and the players we have sold, we will probably be spending more than we take in during the summer.

I know you can't take reported transfer fees as gospel, but from what I've read, we spent a combined £1-2 million on De Laet and James and it's also been said that the Vardy deal was in excess of £1 million. No doubt there will be add-ons etc, but I stand by my point - considering the players we've bought in so far and the players we have sold, we will probably be spending more than we take in during the summer.

I forgot about James and De Laet, was just wondering if you included Drinkwater and Marshall by mistake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669