Speculation Bamba to Trabzonspor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a subtle difference between a hole and an entrance that only the enlightened can appreciate.

Has he earned the label of "too good for this division"? Seriously? He'd get eaten alive anywhere higher.

Has he earned the label of "too good for this division"? Seriously? He'd get eaten alive anywhere higher.
In evidence, M'Lud, I call his appearance against Chelsea reserves in the cup. All over the shop he was.

Bamba is technically a good footballer but I think he is a tactical liability. He often vacates his defensive position, leaving others exposed. I think he also loses a fair amount of headers for his size. Whilst he can produce magical moments I would much sooner have a Gerry Taggart type of defender, who will defend for his life.

Nine of the players who played in that match played in the Champions League final.

Still, we had a better chance against Chelsea than we would have had against Birmingham.

Last edited:
People seem to forget just how good Taggart was with the ball at his feet.

Those who use him as an example of "no nonsense" defending do him a disservice. He had quite a cultured left foot at times.

If football was 1v1 then Sol could possibly be one of the best around. Thinking about everything else around him seems to be his problem.

It's a bit depressing that a player who is a bit different to the run of the mill with clearly special qualities gets knocked like this.

However, this is not the reason that he looks like moving on because i suspect that he is a player always looking for a better opportunity/ pay packet - which is fair enough.

Any comparisons with Taggart are misplaced. Completely different sort of players -even if they are/ were both defenders. And incidentally people who actually saw taggart play may recall that in his first season at Filbert street he didn't play particularly well and took quite a lot of stick from the crowd.

At the beginning they say it will be a windfall, but at the end, not much. I always thought a windfall was a lot by definition?

Edit: I've checked, I was wrong.

A windfall might just be a few conkers, probably a lot for an SPL team

Bert's tweeted that Bamba has signed a 4 year contract with Trabzonspor, fee of around 1m Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669