Be prepared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Banned
...for a half empty stadium tonight. Why do they do these things? How can we possibly compete with live Champions League football on Terrestrial TV?

If it means backing games up into the Champions League break or losing a few internationals for the qualifiers but getting an extra 5,000 - 10,000 on the gate then so be it.

Better than playing in front of 18,429.

If they would rather watch Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, why do we want them at our matches?? I don't.

It doesn't matter so long as those of us that are there make some noise and get behind the lads, we need that fighting spirit back and we all have a part to play. I can't wait, come aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I don't give a monkeys if there's only three men and a rabid dog turn up, as long as we give them a good tonking

It's their loss

At least they won't run out of food in the concourse

as leicester fan would you really say im not going to bother tonight as chappel sant leonardo are playing onetrack funfart in the waffer cup???? :roll:

lazzer said:
as leicester fan would you really say im not going to bother tonight as chappel sant leonardo are playing onetrack funfart in the waffer cup???? :roll:

Agreed! Why would you stay at home to watch Scumchester Utd when the famous LCFC are playing at home against Colin Wankre and his droogies!

Q: Anyone know how many tickets we have sold?

Q: Why the feck isn't this a fans fixture - given the timing of it?

homer said:
Q: Anyone know how many tickets we have sold?

Q: Why the feck isn't this a fans fixture - given the timing of it?

A. Including Season tickets, 18,200
A. Because of ALOPS (Acute Lining Of Pockets Syndrome)

Of course it f*cking matters you imbeciles! It matters to the club, the players and the fans. Have you forgotten our administration already? Do you think that great holes in the stands inspire the players when they are up against it?

And who are the first to complain about 'fickle fans' when gates of 22,000 are posted (of course having a short memory is the defining characteristic of a Leicester supporter) eh?

And if any of you are seriously inspired by a crowd of three men and a dog get yourself along to the Luffs - you'll feel at home there.

Dumb, dumber & dumbest.

Need to bring in a fans fixture to get the crowds back up again, if that doesn't work they will probably have to give loads of tickets to the school kids again.

You are right we need more there if not only for the fact that the budget is based on an average gate of 26,000. If we dont achieve this the 5.3 mill will soon be swallowed up.

Another interesting fact alligned to the gate is that the budget is also said to be based ona mid table finish!!!

Ineteresting.

I don't believe there will be 1 City fan that will stay at home tonight cos' manure are on TV. The crowd will be low for other reasons. If the budget is based on 26,000 Mace or someone needs a shoeing because it won't happen with the stupid ticket prices.

well i bought a ticket (being a season one)......well two, but couldnt turn up with the whole being a midweek match thing.......but i still think while our board feels that almost £40 a ticket for the fizzy league championship 1 or what ever it is called now is acceptable we'll not sell more than a few thousand per match

Does anybody know the latest on the financial side of things?

How much are we still in debt?
Are we still leasing the Walkers?
What happens to the profit which was announced last week? Where will it be invested? Players?

Mr Smith, the crowd was unacceptably low last night and there were many reasons for that. In addition to the weather, poor form and ticket prices must surely be added Champions League football on the box.

You can go on kidding yourself in that idiotic way (that only footie fans know how) that the likes of Man U and Arsenal on the box would never stop them going to see THEIR TEAM. The point is that they do. And it is a worrying trend.

A conservative estimate would be that between 2000 - 3000 was shaved off our gate last night. They would have been treated to our first win of the season and would be more likely to come again. So a sizeable amount of repeat business has been lost to the club.

The total loss to the club for the season for last night's scheduling is well into six figures. Isn't it time that some of you f*ckwits started to use your grey matter a little rather than coming out with moronic comments like 'it doesn't matter?'

Charming! :roll: Can't you put your argument without getting abusive?

I actually agree with Bobby Smith on this.. Not one TRUE city fan would stay at home or go to the pub to watch last night's other footie.

The 8-10,000 "glory" seeking "plastic" fans from last season would though... The gate was up on the previous 2 matches so it's going in the right direction.

I agree the ticket prices are too high - but maybe if we put a good run together the glory hunters will come back (providing ManU/Arse aren't on TV)

Anyway - it was cracking entertainment

What would you prefer?

1. A stadium containing only die hard Leicester City fans but not full.
2. A full stadium including plenty of "I've supported Leicester for years" lying beetroot snufflers?

Joe_Fox said:
What would you prefer?

2. A full stadium including plenty of "I've supported Leicester for years" lying beetroot snufflers?

Joe! I feel a poll coming on :shock:

(did I type that out loud?)

Joe_Fox said:
What would you prefer?

Without question number 2!

Its called the economics of football.

In the event the attendance was not too bad - that said the early stages of the Champions League are not that enticing.

However, as has been said before -and is now happening with the Burnley match - the club has got to get off the hook it has placed itslef on regarding OTT match prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669