Be prepared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that the Champions League has got alot to do with the attendance at City, it is down to performances, cost, mid week night so kids have school and those 50/50 fans who decide if they want to spend £30 to go to City when they are not doing that well.
Things are looking better on the pitch and if it continues then the attendance will go up.
I agree about prices though, if the price had been say £15 then alot more of the '50/50' fans might have turned up.

sorry but price should not be dropped for 50/50 fans or the "big game" fans, the atmosphere was the best all season at home but will go down if the stadium is full of 50/50 fans

leicester_til_i_die said:
sorry but price should not be dropped for 50/50 fans or the "big game" fans, the atmosphere was the best all season at home but will go down if the stadium is full of 50/50 fans

Agreed if they can't be bothered comming out and supporting the club we don't need them. Why pander by reducing prices when their support will not be the most vocal anyway.

OK so the club could do with the added money from the empty seats but at what cost. Better atmosphere = better results = bigger payout at the end of the season.

I would much rather the club gave the tickets to local schools, at least the kids would support the club, as long as the little tossers are not sat next to me. :wink:

one the reason the tickets are overpriced, look at the first 3 seasons we sold out most games so they based the future attendance on the past, tak an average lower it bit you get 26,000 so they have put the price to make up for what is being lost on predicted attendance if we sold out everygame the ticket prices would drop

:roll:
The price should be dropped period.
Just because you do not go to every game does,nt mean you are not a fan or not going to sing and if you want to pay the money you can do what you bloody want, what next 'if you do'nt sing you ca'nt come in'.
Why would extra people in the ground reduce the atmosphere, the 23k odd would still be there from last night and they should be singing!
The only benifit I can see is if it is empty it would echo.
What I was getting at is some people are a bit strapped and £30 to watch a game of football might not be too high on the priority list, but this does not mean that when they do go they do not sing thier hearts out.
No matter who you are, you should be allowed to go and watch 'your' team and the current prices IMO are stopping some peolple from doing that.

Course it was the best atmosphere all season - that was because we took an early lead & then got another before half time.

In the main its what happens on the pitch that creates the atmosphere -not the other way round -I acknowledge that there are rare exceptions to this.

The club has simply over-estimated the degree of demand and didn't anticipate such a rotten start to the season which will impact on longer term attendances because of what you would call 50/50 fans getting out of the habit of turning out.

In a sense the really committed fans don't matter so much because they will be there anyway and have paid for their STs.

The Baggies fans sang all season long in 2002/03 as did the Barnsley fans a couple of seanson before -they still got relegated.

Naughty Fox said:
I do not think that the Champions League has got alot to do with the attendance at City, it is down to performances, cost, mid week night so kids have school and those 50/50 fans who decide if they want to spend £30 to go to City when they are not doing that well.
Things are looking better on the pitch and if it continues then the attendance will go up.
I agree about prices though, if the price had been say £15 then alot more of the '50/50' fans might have turned up.

The school thing was the only reason we did not go last night-- so that's 4 off the attendance straight away. However we are all ST holders so the club has got our money up front.

Attendance is down to opponents, time of game and form of the team. Considering it was Tues night and we have been playing sh1te 23.5k isn't too bad. I'd expect 25k+ on Sat, another few wins and we will be over 28 and touching 30 against the big sides on Saturdays.

Dickovforengland! said:
Attendance is down to opponents, time of game and form of the team. Considering it was Tues night and we have been playing sh1te 23.5k isn't too bad. I'd expect 25k+ on Sat, another few wins and we will be over 28 and touching 30 against the big sides on Saturdays.

The attendance was better than I thought, if this fixture had been at Filbo what would we get 18,500?

Like you say we could soon be back up to 28-30,000 so let's hope there is a Champions League game on those nights. Else we could have a stampeed of extra fans trying to get in! It could be carnage! Ay Chandler?

Chandler said:
Mr Smith, the crowd was unacceptably low last night and there were many reasons for that. In addition to the weather, poor form and ticket prices must surely be added Champions League football on the box.

You can go on kidding yourself in that idiotic way (that only footie fans know how) that the likes of Man U and Arsenal on the box would never stop them going to see THEIR TEAM. The point is that they do. And it is a worrying trend.

A conservative estimate would be that between 2000 - 3000 was shaved off our gate last night. They would have been treated to our first win of the season and would be more likely to come again. So a sizeable amount of repeat business has been lost to the club.

The total loss to the club for the season for last night's scheduling is well into six figures. Isn't it time that some of you f*ckwits started to use your grey matter a little rather than coming out with moronic comments like 'it doesn't matter?'

08-04-2003 Man U V's Real Madrid (Champs League Quarter Final) on Terrestrial TV

32,065 at the Walkers, need I go on?

Yes, you do need to go on Master Moron because you've coyly left out the name of the opposition that night.

It wouldn't have been a game by any chance that was already sold out weeks in advance? It wouldn't have been a top of the table clash would it?

And I don't suspect for one moment that our opponents that evening had to travel roughly 25 miles to the Walkers to escape the stench from the Trent?

....like many other posters on this forum I too witnessed at first hand Ooh Tommy Wright's winner that evening.

Curiously, like many other posters on this forum, I remember also watching Ronaldo's glorious hat trick at Old Trafford LIVE on TV. Like Jesus, it seems we too can be in two places at once.

A genuine mistake Master Moron or a lousy attempt to twist the facts to fit your point of view?

Chandler said:
....like many other posters on this forum I too witnessed at first hand Ooh Tommy Wright's winner that evening.

Curiously, like many other posters on this forum, I remember also watching Ronaldo's glorious hat trick at Old Trafford LIVE on TV. Like Jesus, it seems we too can be in two places at once.

A genuine mistake Master Moron or a lousy attempt to twist the facts to fit your point of view?

Ronaldo scored a Hat-trick some weeks later in the second leg.

Chandler said:
...so when was the final played - August Bank Holiday?
Whenever you want it to have been played.

Bobby Smith said:
Whenever you want it to have been played.

a classic case of someone 'thinking with their dick ALL THE TIME' :wink: :lol:

I remember the forest game, my birthday was the day before and before the game they read out my name. WOOO! :D

Anyways they shouldn't reduce ticket prices to £15 because that means that you will get people who will just buy the tickets instead of getting season tickets, and also reducing ticket prices is unfair on season ticket holders.

Chandler said:

Have you got PMT as well as a girls name. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670