Confirmed Transfer Ben Hamer to Forest on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudy-or-rainy confirmed after the game today that he is in the market for a new goal keeper as back up for Kasper.

Don't get this. Hamer was fine cover. Before today we had 3 keepers. Why are we f****** around wasting time on a reserve keeper when our midfield is not up to scratch.

I know that it is not fashionable to express a negative opinion, but nonetheless I'm entitled to one and this is a big negative for me.

Cloudy-or-rainy confirmed after the game today that he is in the market for a new goal keeper as back up for Kasper.

Don't get this. Hamer was fine cover. Before today we had 3 keepers. Why are we f****** around wasting time on a reserve keeper when our midfield is not up to scratch.

I know that it is not fashionable to express a negative opinion, but nonetheless I'm entitled to one and this is a big negative for me.
Is it not possible to strengthen two or more positions at once? It's fine to have a negative opinion, but I you go around making up situations to be stressed about, you'll do yourself a mischief.

Is it not possible to strengthen two or more positions at once? It's fine to have a negative opinion, but I you go around making up situations to be stressed about, you'll do yourself a mischief.

I'm not stressed, just puzzled. Seems a total waste of time. The cover we had was fine so we decide to get rid of that cover to find more cover...

Does cloudy not have enough to do?

I'm hungry. What I really need is a sandwich. I have one in my bag. It is a perfectly good sandwich.

I have only got 10 minutes left of my lunch break and I have loads of things to do.

Rather than eat my sandwich and get on with the things that I need to do I am going to give the sandwich to the guy at the next desk who has a playing card covered in peanut butter for lunch. It is a philanthropic gesture, but now I have to waste the little time I have before the end of my lunch break replacing my perfectly good sandwich.

Was it?

I wasn't impressed with Hamer or Schwarzer last season. Maybe CR thinks he can get someone in who's better than both of them.

I think Hamer was fine as cover. If we are giving away sandwiches it should be the Schwarzer flavoured ones.

I can only imagine that Hamer wanted the move and who can blame him? After all, he joined us as second choice, got his chance in the team and did perfectly well, only to be inexplicably dumped for an ageing pal of the manager. Enough to piss off the most benign character.

I actually think Schwarzer started to do okay just before being dropped himself for the return of Schmeichel. What last season told me was that if we need a quick replacement for Schmeichel, Hamer was easily the best choice of the two back-ups. Schwarzer needed a run of matches to 'loosen up' his reactions.

Easy to forget that our goalkeeping situation was a shambles last season before Schmeichel returned in late March and thankfully rediscovered some form*. We can only hope that this time round, we see the Schmeichel from the end of last season, not the beginning. And that he doesn't get injured.

* This form only really kicked in from the second half at WBA when we finally went to the three central defenders which gave Schmeichel the protection he needed.

It was clear from Ranieri's interview that it was unfair to keep Hamer as 3rd choice and he that he wants to be playing, those opportunities are just not available here.

It was clear from Ranieri's interview that it was unfair to keep Hamer as 3rd choice and he that he wants to be playing, those opportunities are just not available here.

That is perhaps fair enough but if that was the case why did he sign in the first place. He can't have thought he was going to be first choice...perhaps (understandably) he never conceived of being 3rd choice.

That is perhaps fair enough but if that was the case why did he sign in the first place. He can't have thought he was going to be first choice...perhaps (understandably) he never conceived of being 3rd choice.

If he is second choice he would almost definitely get some games throughout the season, but as third choice it would be very unlikely.

Once Schwarzer arrived it is quite possible that both Pearson and now Ranieri think that Schwarzer is the better of the two, and therefore 2nd goalie.

Ranieri said post-match, Kasper is his no.1, Schwarzer is 2nd.

Hamer, now his replacement, is 3rd choice.

So two experienced managers in NP and CR rate both Schmeichel and Schwarzer above Hamer. Yet amazingly some people think they know better and say that Hamer should be first or second choice.

Hamer was pretty awful when he deputised last season. Every ball that went in the box, or every time the opposition got close to the penalty area I would shit myself. And that Erikson free kick on Boxing Day still haunts me.

Hamer is nowhere near good enough, then again neither is our resident OAP

I think I read somewhere that CR is targeting a new keeper.

Well, I'm quite happy with Forest becoming our feeder club - had you heard, they won the European Cup, twice.
Jealousy, such a wasted emotion and may well be history but at least we've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566