Beware Halifax scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

My wife got this email below and she hasn't got a Halifax account so beware those with Halifax accounts who get the same email.

halifax-logo.png

We have detected fraudulent activity on your Halifax Internet banking account on 25/09/2012.

For your protection, you must verify this activity before you can continue using your account.

Review Your Account Activity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>If you pressed this link it took you to this screen below **

We will review the activity on your account with you and upon verification we will remove any restrictions placed on your account.

Personal and banking information may be needed as well , in order to confirm your account details , in order to avoid any more fraudulent activities on your account.

------------------------------------------------------
This email is intended for ************@*******.co.uk .
© Halifax UK Group 2012. Registered Office:Registered in England - Number 340695. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Privacy and Security Terms of Use Hyperlink Policy

This email is confidential. It may also be legally privileged.
If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for HMRC to refund that money they said they owed me in an email. It had their logo on it and everything, so I'm pretty sure it was genuine.

I can stop these coming to you. Just pm your account and sort code details to me and I'll take care of the rest.

Last edited:
I have seen Halifax branches and can confirm that it is a place in Yorkshire which offers a crap night out.

If you send me yours, I'll let you know.

Tell you what, it would be easier if I just paid all of my wealth directly into your bank account. Saves all this messing about.

What is your account number Rhydal?

Tell you what, it would be easier if I just paid all of my wealth directly into your bank account. Saves all this messing about.

What is your account number Rhydal?
It would be my pleasure to supply that for you, but I'm afraid I can't release that information until I have received and verified the information previously requested from yourself.

Your understanding in this matter is appreciated.

It would be my pleasure to supply that for you, but I'm afraid I can't release that information until I have received and verified the information previously requested from yourself.

Your understanding in this matter is appreciated.

Forget it. I'm going back to Brigadier General Iffy Ganacious of the Nigerian Republican Guard. His sister had an aunt that was in charge of the entire banking system in Nigeria for thirty years and after she died there is five hundred million Nigerian dollars to go to any Westerner that offers to assist moving the money out of the country.

He is far less demanding than you Rhydal.

Forget it. I'm going back to Brigadier General Iffy Ganacious of the Nigerian Republican Guard. His sister had an aunt that was in charge of the entire banking system in Nigeria for thirty years and after she died there is five hundred million Nigerian dollars to go to any Westerner that offers to assist moving the money out of the country.

The fact he's not Welsh sealed it for me.
You can't argue with that.

there is five hundred million Nigerian dollars to go to any Westerner that offers to assist moving the money out of the country.

Not to be sniffed at. That could get you up to six items at Poundland

Here's my Phishing email for today. They've not made much effort at all...

Security Message - Please read carefully

For security reasons your Customer Number has been temporarily locked.

The reason for this action is:

unusual account activity

You are required to:

Click: Log On to RBS Digital Banking and change your PIN and password immediately.

I still haven't received your account details. If you take the Nigerian option you will be cursed with 40 years bad luck, your genitals will shrink to the size of an olive and you will receive an amount of e-mail which may crash your home server, pc and any other device connected to it.

Is it really worth the risk?

I still haven't received your account details. If you take the Nigerian option you will be cursed with 40 years bad luck, your genitals will shrink to the size of an olive and you will receive an amount of e-mail which may crash your home server, pc and any other device connected to it.

Is it really worth the risk?
Shrink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673