Beware Halifax scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, on re-reading I don't get it either. I had been drinking all afternoon so it must have seemed funny at the time.
We beat Olly 3-0 don't you know.

Today's alert.....

Dear NATWEST customer,

A new security method was developed by our IT engineers, which purpose is to protect online accounts from unauthorized usage and third party access.

For this new feature to be added to our online banking system our members are required to update their profile information by clicking on the following link:

Click here (link removed to protect the stupid) to go to the online form

Thank you for banking with us

Yours sincerely,
Online Customer Service
National Westminster Bank plc

Doesn't even make sense. And the link seems to be for Meatloaf's fan club. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Hello,

ELECTRONIC TICKET / EH002800277
SEAT / 66E/ZONE 1
DATE / TIME 28 OCTOBER, 2012, 12:55 PM
ARRIVING / Santa Clarita
FORM OF PAYMENT / CC
TOTAL PRICE / 272.30 USD
REF / OE.6878 ST / OK
BAG / 1PC

Your ticket is attached.
To use your ticket you should print it.

Thank you
Delta Air Lines.

Wow I'm off on a free flight.
Trouble is cost me a bit to use it.

I got this today:

Dear ######
This message confirms your NatWest Secure password has changed on Thu, Oct 4, 2012 20:25:49(BST). Your old password is no longer valid.

If you did not change your password, please contact us immediately on 0870 010 4542.

Please note that this e-mail does not relate to your online banking service and the password created is only for use during shopping with your Visa debit card.

Alternatively if you have any questions or problems regarding registration, logging in, or shopping with NatWest Secure, we are here to help! You can always visit http://www.natwest.com/natwestsecure/debit for further information.

Your Bank and the Police will never contact you to ask you to disclose your online banking or payment card PIN's, or your password information.

Thank you.
NatWest Customer Service Centre

I initially thought it was spam but it wasn't in my junk. Instead of phoning I popped into the branch. It turns out a very small amount of money had been taken 1$CAN. A prelude to the main withdrawal?

My phoney bank got hacked today and the non-existent cashpoints stopped working. The direct debit I don't have didn't get paid either - I'm ****ing livid.

I've actually had to make applications against people who said that they never signed that form authorising that bank account/loan/credit card, that has their signature on it.

Funnily, whenever I've asked if they've reported the matter to the police as fraud, they either walk off, or threaten me.

Halifax UK Group 2012?

Halifax are part of Lloyds Banking Group now

I got this today:

Dear ######
This message confirms your NatWest Secure password has changed on Thu, Oct 4, 2012 20:25:49(BST). Your old password is no longer valid.

If you did not change your password, please contact us immediately on 0870 010 4542.

Please note that this e-mail does not relate to your online banking service and the password created is only for use during shopping with your Visa debit card.

I had the same thing a couple of years ago with my Santander account. If someone had the card number it was shockingly easy for them to change the verified by visa password - they didn't need any extra personal details at all. I suspect somewhere I had bought from online had been hacked and my card details had been stolen. I use Paypal when possible now to minimise the risk of it happening again.

I had the same thing a couple of years ago with my Santander account. If someone had the card number it was shockingly easy for them to change the verified by visa password - they didn't need any extra personal details at all. I suspect somewhere I had bought from online had been hacked and my card details had been stolen. I use Paypal when possible now to minimise the risk of it happening again.

The verified by Visa thing is a complete waste of time. When I first reset my own password I called them up to question whether or not the page I used to reset was a genuine one as it didn't actually ask me to do anything other than re-enter a password (possibly asked for my DOB). I don't even bother to remember what my password is now as you can just change it anytime you use it.

The verified by Visa thing is a complete waste of time. When I first reset my own password I called them up to question whether or not the page I used to reset was a genuine one as it didn't actually ask me to do anything other than re-enter a password (possibly asked for my DOB). I don't even bother to remember what my password is now as you can just change it anytime you use it.
I think it's over a year now since I have been asked for my verified by Visa password - the transactions just go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669