Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has a joining date earlier than May 2003. But some people used the earlier forum on Filbertstreet.net which is what eventually evolved into this.

Out of interest, why talkingballs, what's in the name?

I originally planned for it to be a general football/sport forum so it seemed an appropriate play on words for that kind of site. There had previously been a sport forum on this domain, owned by someone else.

In view of the decline in quality of posting, maybe we should transfer the board to talkingbollocks.info which is available?

It is not the same without Melts and Highland. And whatever happened to the guy who allegedly died in a car crash in South America?

In view of the decline in quality of posting, maybe we should transfer the board to talkingbollocks.info which is available?

It is not the same without Melts and Highland. And whatever happened to the guy who allegedly died in a car crash in South America?

The last we heard from him. :icon_wink

James Walker said:
Better than ever Webbo! Bit of a contrast with the front page though - it's like a BMW being pulled along by an old nag!

Anyway I'm off now for a bit. Good luck to the lads on Monday (the season starts here). Bent to get off the mark straight away (think we might scrape another draw). I know, part time supporter and all that, but I've got to keep the wolf from the door!

To all my detractors (foxesneverquit et al): try a bit of humour in your put downs you lemon faced bastards!

In what way has it declined? Personally, I'd say the exact opposite.

Or were you just trying to get 'talkingbollocks' in there and I wasn't supposed to take it so literally?

In what way has it declined? Personally, I'd say the exact opposite.

Or were you just trying to get 'talkingbollocks' in there and I wasn't supposed to take it so literally?

Well apart from the lack of clever sarcasm and irony, some of the innuendo directed at individuals over the last year or two appears to be more venomous now.

Well apart from the lack of clever sarcasm and irony

Well, nobody posts here just for your entertainment Mike and you're more than welcome to contribute what you consider to be 'clever sarcasm and irony'. I look forward to seeing it.

Personally, I think you're wrong about that and it's one of the things that keeps me coming back here everyday.

some of the innuendo directed at individuals over the last year or two appears to be more venomous now.

Okay, I've not been aware of that myself.
Did you mention something about it not being the same without Melts?
Nothing 'venomous' about him then, no? :icon_conf

Well, nobody posts here just for your entertainment Mike and you're more than welcome to contribute what you consider to be 'clever sarcasm and irony'. I look forward to seeing it.

Personally, I think you're wrong about that and it's one of the things that keeps me coming back here everyday.

Well I suppose he never picked on me! :icon_bigg

Nah I'm sure you only come back for the same reason as I do, bored at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669