Pre Match Birmingham (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Quite a difference between the team selection for this compared with the Derby match. We could have Beckford Wellens Gally and Johnson available in addition to the squad from the previous match. The back 5 seem settled and are performing i dont see a reason for changing. I have always thought our team is not complete without Wellens but we seem to perform better without him, i will be interested to see if SGE changes the midfield. Up front i expect Beckford to replace Vas (as good as he has performed im sure SGE sees Nugent/Beckford as his number 1 partnership) He could of course switch to 4-3-3 to accomodate all 3 strikers but IMO the diamond 442 seems to suit us best
Interesting to see how/if the team is changed, but i trust the manager and expect a narrow 1-2 win Beckford King

Seriously don't think we should change the midfield, last few games I have seen Wellens has been a liability.

A win here would really put us in a good position. Even with our recent defensive record, I would bet on a score draw 2-2.

If all that started the Derby game are fit and available, no reason to change.
If any unforced changes are made, could send out the wrong signals.

Sven's said we will switch to play with Beckford, Nugent and Vassell all up front in the next few weeks, but said it wouldn't necessarily happen this weekend.

I'd stick with the same side. Only change I'd be tempted by is Beckford in for Vassell, but that would be harsh on Darius.

I think Sven will put Beckford in for Danns.

Sven's said we will switch to play with Beckford, Nugent and Vassell all up front in the next few weeks, but said it wouldn't necessarily happen this weekend.

I'd stick with the same side. Only change I'd be tempted by is Beckford in for Vassell, but that would be harsh on Darius.

I think Sven will put Beckford in for Danns.

I have yet to see anything from Beckford that would warrant dropping Vassell, from whom I have seen good things already.

I hope we don't play all 3 up front. Vassell is completely wasted when he's played as a wide player of a front 3. It was obvious last season and it's even more obvious this.

He's always been excellent for us when played as a centre forward, but just isn't suited to playing on the wing at all. If you're going to play 3 up front there's no point making Vassell one of them (unless he's the central striker, which he won't be ahead of Nugent and Beckford).

Hoping for an unchanged team, but I bet Sven includes Beckford, Wellens and possibly Gallagher somewhere in the squad. I would like to keep an unchanged squad if possible and make Beckford and co work for their place and not get straight into the squad because they are favoured

Hoping for an unchanged team, but I bet Sven includes Beckford, Wellens and possibly Gallagher somewhere in the squad. I would like to keep an unchanged squad if possible and make Beckford and co work for their place and not get straight into the squad because they are favoured
I wouldn't want to see Gally in the team ever again TBH.

I have yet to see anything from Beckford that would warrant dropping Vassell...

I have yet to see anything from Beckford that would warrant dropping anybody at all. In fact I have yet to see anything from Beckford FULL STOP.

I think Gallagher still has something to offer, but certainly wouldn't be rushing him into any starting team until he regains some kind of form.

I too, would keep Beckford, Wellens and even Johnson on the bench until either this current side drops points or injury prevails.

Brilliant, hadn't realised that - I was assuming we were on Saturday.

Not looked at your prediction fixtures yet then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669