Pre Match Birmingham (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I watch Birmingham match in Australia

Can someone suggest a way that I can watch the Birmingham match in Sydney?
16th October is my birthday so I really want to watch the mighty foxes and I know the match on on the BBC but iPlayer doesn't work ver here.
I just want to watch it as best I can but think I will have problems. Also, it'll be about 11pm here for kick off so I get lashed to celebrate two fold (birthday and win at St Andrews!)
Hope you are all well any way,
All the best,
Joe_Fox

Sorry Webmonger.

Re: How can I watch Birmingham match in Australia

Can someone suggest a way that I can watch the Birmingham match in Sydney?
16th October is my birthday so I really want to watch the mighty foxes and I know the match on on the BBC but iPlayer doesn't work ver here.
I just want to watch it as best I can but think I will have problems. Also, it'll be about 11pm here for kick off so I get lashed to celebrate two fold (birthday and win at St Andrews!)
Hope you are all well any way,
All the best,
Joe_Fox

Well if you know anyone with Fox Sports, it's a "red button" on demand game on FS1 at the same slot as West Brom v Wolves. Can't see many pubs showing it though! Alternatively you could possibly, maybe, perhaps, if the such things are allowed to be mentioned, try Expat Shield. Or maybe not....mods?!

...you could possibly, maybe, perhaps, if the such things are allowed to be mentioned, try Expat Shield.

Current reviews suggest that Expat Shield is not working as well as it once did. I would not rely on it.

Current reviews suggest that Expat Shield is not working as well as it once did. I would not rely on it.

I would agree it's not ideal, the adverts and the way it dominates your browser are annoying. But it is free and easy to turn on and off compared to most other solutions. I tried it earlier and managed to watch BBC Breakfast News (I was that bored!) without issue.

I see what you did there.[cough]Proxy[/cough]

Proxies don't work either, it easily picks those up.
The only way around it is to get a Tor client and make sure that you exit the network at a UK connection, which is not a straightforward thing to do, at all

Do what I just did. Pay around $5 for a month's subscription to get a VPN. I used www.vpnauthority.com
This will allow you to connect to the internet as if you were connected in the UK and you can access the BBC iplayer - I did it yesterday and it works perfectly !

The only way around it is to get a Tor client and make sure that you exit the network at a UK connection, which is not a straightforward thing to do, at all

If you're using a Windows PC or a Mac, this is now apparently a piece of piss using Mgeni, a browser designed to work with Tor that lets you select which country you want to appear to be in from a drop-down menu.

*edit* Oooh, just noticed there's a Linux version as well, lovely stuff

Do what I just did. Pay around $5 for a month's subscription to get a VPN. I used www.vpnauthority.com
This will allow you to connect to the internet as if you were connected in the UK and you can access the BBC iplayer - I did it yesterday and it works perfectly !

Likewise, I've been using a VPN server in London for several years now. Works almost flawlessly: www.hideipvpn.com for about $6/month.

Yeah, but that costs money lads and it'll only work for UK channels. Tor is free and works for any country.

Last edited:
If you're using a Windows PC or a Mac, this is now apparently a piece of piss using Mgeni, a browser designed to work with Tor that lets you select which country you want to appear to be in from a drop-down menu.

*edit* Oooh, just noticed there's a Linux version as well, lovely stuff

Yeah, but that costs money lads and it'll only work for UK channels. Tor is free and works for any country.

I tried Tor in the past and it just wasn't reliable enough to stream properly back then. Might have to go back and take another look...

Be nice if there are a few draws this afternoon Deby/Southampton, WHU/Blackpool, Brighton/Hull, then we pinch a win tomorrow :)

A lot of promising results from our point of view today. Top 3 all dropping points.

A win for us tomorrow would now take us within 2 points of the automatic promotion zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669