Birmingham City - Saturday 30th September 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
KO 3:00 PM

Tickets:

We have been allocated 2719 tickets for this match. They are for seats situated in the Railway End Lower. Ticket prices are £30 for Adults / £14 for Senior Citizens, under 16's and students who are under 22 and who can produce a valid NUS card / £10 for Juniors (Under 12's).

Tickets go on sale...

Monday 18th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 19th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 20th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 21st September - Members
Friday 22nd September - General Sale

Coaches

Fox Travel coaches depart from the Walkers Stadium at 12.30pm.

£12.50 Adult STH
£10.50 Concession STH
£13.50 Adults
£11.50 Concessions

If you want to save some money and you can manage to walk from the station, it's a lot cheaper to go by train.

Trains

Central Trains provide two trains every hour between Leicester and Birmingham New Street. The Cheap Day Return fare is £7.60. Central Trains also offer GroupSave tickets for groups of three and four people travelling together; 3 people travel for £5.10 each, 4 people for £3.80 each (less than the price of a gallon of petrol!!) NB GroupSave tickets can be purchased for immediate travel - they are not advance purchase tickets.

Supporters travelling from London will find that Virgin Trains are not operating from Euston on the day of the match. They will be starting from Harrow and Wealdstone, with passengers being advised to use SilverLink County trains as far as Watford Junction. In view of the inconvenience this will cause, some might prefer to travel on Chiltern Services from Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street.

Both New Street and Moor Street stations are about a 20 minute walk to the ground.

Directions

M69
M6
Leave M6 at Junction 6
A38(M) - Aston Expressway

Leave the Expressway at the second exit (Middle Ring Road) and at the roundabout, take the first exit onto Dartmouth Middleway.

St. Andrews is about a further mile on the left hand side, after you have crossed the A47, the B4312 and the railway.

Parking is mainly in the street but there is a car-park in Garrison Lane.

NB There are on-going road works on the M6 between Junctions 5 and 6. Delays of 20 minutes are normal and the conditions seem to cause frequent incidents and more serious delays. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and be prepared to find an alternative route.

WRONG - ALL WRONG - Thanks to CateFox for pointing out that Junction 6 of the M6 is still closed to Northbound traffic.

So try this:

At M6 Junction 3A, ensure that you stay in the left-hand lanes and continue on the M6 - in other words, make sure you don't get onto the M6 TOLL.

Stay in the left-hand lanes and then after less than a mile, keep left onto the southbound M42.

Leave the M42 at Junction 6 and take the M45 towards Birmingham (4th exit off the roundabout)

After about 6 miles on the A45, you will come to the Haybarnes Circus roundabout where you need to turn right (signposted Small Heath) onto the old Coventry Road.

Continuing along the old Coventry Road towards Birmingham for almost 2 miles, you will find the ground on your right.

Pubs

The Birmingham fans and the West Midlands Police always seem to combine to ensure that drinking anywhere in the vicinity of the ground is an unpleasant experience. Advice of safe and/or welcoming pubs would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The Birmingham fans and the West Midlands Police always seem to combine to ensure that drinking anywhere in the vicinity of the ground is an unpleasant experience. Advice of safe and/or welcoming pubs would be appreciated.

Just spoke to a friend of mine in Birmingham, and he confirms what Bocadillo has put above, but does reccommend either the Anchor Pub on Bradford Street (Just behind Digbeth Station) or the Wellington Pub on Bennetts Hill. They both offer a large selection of real ale, but more importantly you will be safe !!

Last edited:
OK, so I'm a full time student, but haven't got a NUS card. Is there any other way I can prove that I'm a student?

OK, so I'm a full time student, but haven't got a NUS card. Is there any other way I can prove that I'm a student?

There might be other ways of proving that you are a student but they would not seem to qualify you for a discounted ticket for this match.

Boc - the A38 turnoff from the M6 is closed coming from Leicester.

I suffered that fecker on the M6, the other week.

I just seen a new book in waterstones today, its basically 3rd edition of a fans guide. He suggests (being a Brum fan aswell) that drinking in the city is better, there was one pub he suggested which was a CAMRA and if you are not the type who look to cause trouble then you'll be alright. If you wear glasses or have a beard, you shall be fully accepted into the pub.

I quoted
''If you are walking to the ground from the city centre, then you may care to stop at the Anchor Pub on Bradford Street, renowned for its range of real ales on offer, and named Birmingham 'CAMRA Pub Of The Year' on more than one occasion. Although there are a number of Blues fans that frequent the pub they tend to be of the CAMRA bearded variety and therefore as long as you don't turn up mobbed handed, you should be okay. The pub is situated just behind Digbeth coach station. Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground. ''

I would heartily recommend a fine establishment on the Hagley Road called Spearmint Rhino's

The beer is a bit fizzy and over-priced, but the staff are truly wonderful......

I would heartily recommend a fine establishment on the Hagley Road called Spearmint Rhino's

The beer is a bit fizzy and over-priced, but the staff are truly wonderful......

Not exactly handy for the ground though, is it?

Boc - the A38 turnoff from the M6 is closed coming from Leicester.

Thanks Cate. Now corrected - see message #1 of this thread.

I am not going to the caravan now due to Vision Express changing my contact lense prescription and only having 13:40 on Saturday 30th to fit me in for a trial or else I have to wait 3 weeks for the next time available.
Why the fcuk I need a trial after wearing almost the same lenses for the past 4 years is beyond me.:mad:

So what I am saying is, that even if I had got a ticket I wouldn't have been able to go.

Last edited:
I am not going to the caravan now due to Vision Express changing my contact lense prescription and only having 13:40 on Saturday 30th to fit me in for a trial.
Why the fcuk I need a trial after wearing almost the same lenses for the past 4 years is beyond me.:mad:

Cancel the trial and come to the footy. :icon_razz

I am not going to the caravan now due to Vision Express changing my contact lense prescription and only having 13:40 on Saturday 30th to fit me in for a trial or else I have to wait 3 weeks for the next time available.

So what I am saying is, that even if I had got a ticket I wouldn't have been able to go.

Caravan? Have I missed something?

I will be there. Looking forward to this one, especially as the majority of my friends areBirmingham fans. Actually on second thoughts this could be a bit of a nightmare....

i'll be going too, gonna have to get the tickets before the game tomorrow as i still havent got round to ringing them. any ideas about pubs for this one anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts

Latest posts