Pre Match Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

No doubt adjustments to team selection/maybe formation required after Charlton defeat
There were always going to be setbacks along the way, its how the team responds and recifies the shortcomings
From listening to comments from last nights game we need to be more solid in defence, more competative in midfield and more ruthless up front
If Zak or SSL not ready then maybe RDL into centre and Moore RB
King has probably done enough to regain midfield place (from James) and Knockaert to replace Marshall or Dyer Strikers just need to put them chances away
Im hoping we bounce straight back with a 1-2 win Vardy/Beks

I cannot believe that people are suggesting Marshall be replaced because of ONE below average game, actually I'm totally ****ing astonished by it.

We deserve a more clinical performance on Saturday and I hope we get one.

NP can be stubborn so I don't see a change in formation but I expect to see a few drop out.

Inconsistent Dyer has always blown hot or cold but perhaps Knockaert would be better option.

Hopefully the home crowd will get on the players backs if we start well because that helped relegate them last year.

I can only see King coming in for James with an outside chance of Nugent swapping with Vardy

I hope we stay the same, I see no benefit of outing players after two games.

Vardy needs to be shown some patience, Np's hand is forced unfortunately, taking him out of the line-up would do more damage than good for the lad.

I cannot believe that people are suggesting Marshall be replaced because of ONE below average game, actually I'm totally ****ing astonished by it.
I have to agree, it's not as if the team is stuffed with players who can take decent free kicks and corners, we've been crying out for someone like Marshall for years.

No doubt adjustments to team selection/maybe formation required after Charlton defeat
There were always going to be setbacks along the way, its how the team responds and recifies the shortcomings
From listening to comments from last nights game we need to be more solid in defence, more competative in midfield and more ruthless up front
If Zak or SSL not ready then maybe RDL into centre and Moore RB
King has probably done enough to regain midfield place (from James) and Knockaert to replace Marshall or Dyer Strikers just need to put them chances away
Im hoping we bounce straight back with a 1-2 win Vardy/Beks

You live for starting these pre-match threads.

There were always going to be setbacks along the way, its how the team responds and recifies the shortcomings From listening to comments from last nights game we need to be more solid in defence, more competative in midfield and more ruthless up front

We need more platitudes

Reckon we'll be Bouncing Back with a win here. Wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two changes though - King for starters as 2 goals in 2 from the bench from a midfielder is hard to argue against even if he was largely annonymous for the rest of the time and from the sounds of Knockers, he can't be far off challenging for a starting spot either. More down to the fact that these 2 have come on and done better than who was there already as opposed to them being really poor.

I'd imagine Pearson will look to keep the rest of the team, possibly change up front bringing Nugent in but it's a tough call as taking Becks or Vardy out could so soon could really damage their confidence but keeping Nugent on the bench could also do the same to him. Tough call really but wouldn't say it's broke yet so no need to fix and stick with Becks/Vardy for Blackburn.

Obviously by suggesting these potential changes I am actually meaning that Pearson should be sacked should we not win by 5 on Saturday.

Danns, King and Nugent for Beckford, Dyer and James. 4-3-1-2 with Marshall playing behind the strikers.

Considering Beckford was brilliant against Peterborough and you didn't attend the Charlton game, why are you dropping him I wonder?

I would play a 4-4-2. With Knockaert coming in for Dyer the only change. Although King has scored 2 in 2 games from the bench, suggests that he is an impact sub.

Last edited:
Hello my fellow leicester city supporters new season same old problems,no defensive midfielders and a very in-experience back four,also no one capable of scoring 20 goals a season.to me spells another midioca season in the championship.only one more thing to add PEARSON OUT SPEAK TO YOU SOON AFTER A BATTERING ON SATURDAY
BYE FOR NOW

Hello my fellow leicester city supporters new season same old problems,no defensive midfielders and a very in-experience back four,also no one capable of scoring 20 goals a season.to me spells another midioca season in the championship.only one more thing to add PEARSON OUT SPEAK TO YOU SOON AFTER A BATTERING ON SATURDAY
BYE FOR NOW

Have you considered English?

BYE FOR NOW

:015::015::015:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673