Blackpool away moved to Wed 21st March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only thinking of you guys

Yes, you seem to do that an awful lot. Which is curious because none of us would ever think of Hull. Well, not unless we were compiling a top three list of shitholes in the UK

Yes, you seem to do that an awful lot. Which is curious because none of us would ever think of Hull. Well, not unless we were compiling a top three list of shitholes in the UK

Go on!

I haven't been around an awful lot in the UK, but Middlesbrough wasn't as bad as I thought. Not very pretty and a bit rough, but not to the extent that you wanted to instantly kill yourself the moment you stepped off the train. I expected it to be like Łódź during WW2 or something.

I know BM doesn't like Mansfield.

Go on!

I haven't been around an awful lot in the UK, but Middlesbrough wasn't as bad as I thought. Not very pretty and a bit rough, but not to the extent that you wanted to instantly kill yourself the moment you stepped off the train. I expected it to be like Łódź during WW2 or something.

I know BM doesn't like Mansfield.

Slough and Basingstoke are shitholes.

Macky.I think you will find that the lists of the best and worst places to live are compiled by the upper class presenters of "location" programmes.Most young vibrant people love Hull with its burgeoning cafe culture and would baulk at the idea of a twee enclave such as Kenilworth.
No Macky-if you can locate a pulse get yourself to Fish City for a weekend.Be advised though-if you meet a young lady who tells you her occupation is a patty slapper tread carefully!

notts Fox=word to the wise-don"t fall for NP"s the cup still has prestige routine.Simply a smokescreen for what must be a very disappointing league performance considering his huge salary and the massive expenditure.I am only thinking of you guys

We seem to be all you think about these days. Do you not think we're aware that this has been a disappointing league campaign? I don't see how NP has tried to use the cup as a smokescreen either? It was a disappointing season long before NP turned up again, and realistically he wasn't going to come in and take a team low on confidence and on a poor run of form to the top of the league. It took time when he was at your place, it'll take time here. We're aware of that. As bitter as you are now, I'm sure you can be objective enough to recognise that NP has left you with an absolutely fantastic young side which looks capable of mounting a promotion push this season. If you can't, then you really are showing how bitter and blinkered you are.

And if you don't think it would be an astonishing achievement for a Championship club to win the FA Cup then you're an absolute mad man. We've never managed it in our history and the last club outside the top flight to do it was West Ham in 1980 (I believe...?) It might not have the same importance for top sides in the Premier League, but I can assure you that if we even make the final, I'll be over the moon. And don't try to pretend that you wouldn't be either if it was Hull - for clubs in the Championship and outside of the top half of the Premier League, the FA Cup is definitely a big deal.

There are fans from other clubs on this forum who join in with the banter and actually discuss football, rather than trying to wind up all and sundry. If you did that, maybe everyone wouldn't think you were an absolute arse. Just a thought.

If you stop biting, he'll stop fishing. Just a thought.

I'm trying to actually talk about football - like I said, there are other fans of different clubs on here who manage to do it and contribute well to the place. Just attempting to give this chap the same opportunity.

Macky.I think you will find that the lists of the best and worst places to live are compiled by the upper class presenters of "location" programmes.Most young vibrant people love Hull with its burgeoning cafe culture and would baulk at the idea of a twee enclave such as Kenilworth.
No Macky-if you can locate a pulse get yourself to Fish City for a weekend.Be advised though-if you meet a young lady who tells you her occupation is a patty slapper tread carefully!
So thats where your name comes from.

I would have called myself caqppucheeeno but couldn"t spell it.
Indie-if you want serious talk I think it will be iteresting to see how NP copes with the expensive signings you will make in order to be certain of promotion next year.
I would not doubt his abilities to nurture a cohesive unit from lesser profile players.He may be equally sound with those of greater talent and worth when expectations are high but as many managers have found out it calls for a different set of skills.
I think you may be being optimistic about other fans not geeing you up.All teams who try to buy success are going to get stick if it doesn"t go well-especially when you go after their manager mid season.
I don"t know if you go to matches but I would wager alot of money that if you beat us there will be plenty of stick gleefully from the home fans.I personally won"t take it personally.It"s just fun to me.
So in the spirit of true supporters of all teams may I take the opotunity to hope you and the foxes get all that which you deserve

Indie-if you want serious talk I think it will be iteresting to see how NP copes with the expensive signings you will make in order to be certain of promotion next year.
I would not doubt his abilities to nurture a cohesive unit from lesser profile players.He may be equally sound with those of greater talent and worth when expectations are high but as many managers have found out it calls for a different set of skills.

I don't think anyone expects Pearson to make expensive marquee signings like Sven did and I think everyone would be a lot happier if he signed players along the same lines as he did when he was here the first time and when he was at Hull.

When he was first here, we had players like Mark Davies, Tom Cleverley and David Stockdale, all of whom are now plying their trade in the top division. The difference is, now we have the financial clout to try and keep hold of them - we were beaten to the signing of Davies by Bolton and it's well documented that we could have had Cleverley back (but that was more down to the meddling of Lee Hoos more than anything). I think most fans would be happy if we built up a side of hungry, young talented players and if you look at Pearson's signings so far - Delfouneso, Drinkwater and Marshall - that seems to be exactly what Pearson seems to have set about doing.

So I don't think he'll be changing his management style at all really, and it's never been like Pearson to crack under pressure. He's a very level headed bloke and one of his greatest strengths is his management team - Steve Walsh especially, who has a great eye for a player.

I would say, if anything, our owners have seen that throwing money at the club to get us promoted has categorically failed and the whole Sven era has been an expensive mistake. Now we've got the manager in who can build a side - like he has at your club - who can challenge for promotion without having to buy £5million players. Drinkwater and Marshall look like absolute steals so far.

I think the makings of a very good Championship squad are there - some of the better players Sven signed are starting to come good, we've got some good young players in and some of our own young prospects from the academy are starting to look promising. With a few key additions, I would expect us to be challenging for play-offs at least next season.

I don't have any axe to grind against Hull, but I hope you and the rest of the teams above us drop as many points as possible, because we've got a lot of ground to make up and I want us to be as successful as possible this season.

And of course you'll get stick if we beat you, as do all the other teams who have slagged us off for trying to buy the league all season, it's just all part of the fun - don't dish out what you're not happy to get back! :icon_wink

Drinkwater maybe. Don't think Marshall has done much of note for a million quid tbh.

He tired in the 2nd half against Derby but in the first half I thought he played well.
I was out on Saturday nite and met a Wednesday fan and the first thing she said when she found out I was a City fan was to say what a steal Ben Marshall was and that he was the main reason behind a lot of their success this season. Of course since he left them Wednesdays results have been a miss rather than a hit (other than their weekend victory over the Blades) with rumours that Uncle Milan was giving Megson the boot. Marshall left in mid January and Wednesday have since only won 2 of 7 League games before the Derby at the weekend.

Excerpts from his last 2 games

Preston (away)..........when Marshall doubled the Owls' advantage.

The on-loan winger picked up possession deep down the left channel and just as almost the whole of Deepdale anticipated a cross into the box, Marshall conjured a dipping, curled effort that flew into the top corner....

Tranmere (home)
Morrison then broke down the right and played a delicious ball to the back post for Marshall to swivel and fire into the side netting.

First Marshall jinked his way into the box and drilled in a fierce shot that Rachubka tipped over the bar and.........

The Owls continued to press and Danny Batth, who scored his first goal for the club at Preston 48 hours earlier, came within a whisker of getting something on Ben Marshall's inswinging corner -

Last edited:
Boca-it"s cc not ch
Indie you r starting to sound like you think promo is probable.There is a chance we will be quite close on points on 24th .Your next 2 games have to net 6 points or its over.If you do then Np will need to be brilliant to keep it going.I don"t mind stick.When we were 9 points adrift at the bottom of the old 4th division we did got used to it

Boca-it"s cc not ch
Indie you r starting to sound like you think promo is probable.There is a chance we will be quite close on points on 24th .Your next 2 games have to net 6 points or its over.If you do then Np will need to be brilliant to keep it going.I don"t mind stick.When we were 9 points adrift at the bottom of the old 4th division we did got used to it

All I want for the rest of this season is for the team to go into every game and play to their full potential. Hopefully if we put a decent run together, we could scrape the playoffs, but I agree it will take an absolutely fantastic run to pull that off. If we make the playoffs, great. If we don't, I'd rather we ended the season on good form to give us a decent bit of momentum for next season.

Drinkwater will be fresh for this (cuptied on the Sunday), hopefully Beks/Nuge will be ok, but NP might see this as a game to put Shlupp in from the start

Drinkwater will be fresh for this (cuptied on the Sunday), hopefully Beks/Nuge will be ok, but NP might see this as a game to put Shlupp in from the start

I wonder if he's fit enough for that? I know he scored for the reserves the other day, but that was the first game he's had since his injury, could take a while before he's back to match fitness. I think if he does feature against Cov, it'll more than likely be a cameo off the bench towards the end of the game.

Does anyone know how Waghorn's getting on? Could be a decent option coming off the bench... Basically, absolutely anyone would be better than Steve Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669