Booing - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All New Football Rumours

there are two sides to the argument and there is no point going back and forth, but as i have said a couple of times it is only in football where fans feel they have a right to boo their own team.

I'm sure cricket, rugby and various other sports fans spend just as much if not more on their chosen sport and have the same amount of passion, but still dont feel the need to boo when their team loses.

I can assure you, after attending several events in the States including NBA (Basketball), MLB (Baseball), and NFL (American Football) games that booing heartily is not the unique realm of football fans.

I have to say Willow, and label me a w***** if you must, but I whole-heartedly disagree that fans that boo are w*****s. Booing exists in all forms to express dissatisfaction at what you are seeing, and I think it's fair to say most City fans were dissatisfied last season.

Civil Disobedience has, is , and will continue to be a catalyst for positive change in all walks of life.

Last edited:

I can assure you, after attending several events in the States including NBA (Basketball), MLB (Baseball), and NFL (American Football) games that booing heartily is not the unique realm of football fans.

I have to say Willow, and label me a w***** if you must, but I whole-heartedly disagree that fans that boo are w*****s. Booing exists in all forms to express dissatisfaction at what you are seeing, and I think it's fair to say most City fans were dissatisfied last season.

Civil Disobedience has, is , and will continue to be a catalyst for positive change in all walks of life.

This only makes it more embarassing :icon_redf

Last edited:

Do both the club and yourself a favour and just dont bother going :icon_wink

If it were left to the likes of you, David Pleat would probably still be our manager in the Leicester Senior League.

You continue to watch footy with your popcorn and binoculars.

I'll carry on 'supporting' my club in a much more effective, and passionate, way.

I agree that the point of forums is to vent your anger at the players and manager but would you boo at the end of a film/opera/show if you thought the performance was below par?

As i said it seems to be just a football thing that if the fans dont get the win or peformance they expect then they automatically boo the team.

I think you will find that it is normally the 'fickle' fans waving the shoes in the air that then turn on the team and boo at the end of the game! :icon_wink

As per posters above, your comparison is not a very good one. However, if your point of view is that fans shouldn't boo at the final whistle, I perfectly respect that. Personally, I feel it is legitimate to boo at the end of a game as I said in my original post and a very good way of providing feedback and good public pressure on the manager/chairman should sustained bad performances be occuring. I do not approve of fickleness in this regard by resorting to booing too often or too easily. If the team are doing well in the season and there is the odd off day, then of course I would not advocate booing.

Last edited:

I feel booing can be done in the correct manner and constructively. By that I mean at half time or the end of a game, the players and management need to know how the fans feel and view what they have witnessed. On the other hand, booing when someones name is announced is not good, how on earth is that guy supposed to want to go out and give his all? Also if the team play the ball backwards, on many occasions Ive been to the Walkers and the balls been played back and the booing starts, then it is hoofed forward and the booing starts again, its just ridiculas.

While the ball is in play, get behind them and urge them on to win/play better etc. If after we have given our all in support and they have failed to perform to an equivelent standard, by all means make your feelings known.

If it were left to the likes of you, David Pleat would probably still be our manager in the Leicester Senior League.

You continue to watch footy with your popcorn and binoculars.

I'll carry on 'supporting' my club in a much more effective, and passionate, way.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

How exactly has it been effective?

I feel booing can be done in the correct manner and constructively. By that I mean at half time or the end of a game, the players and management need to know how the fans feel and view what they have witnessed. On the other hand, booing when someones name is announced is not good, how on earth is that guy supposed to want to go out and give his all? Also if the team play the ball backwards, on many occasions Ive been to the Walkers and the balls been played back and the booing starts, then it is hoofed forward and the booing starts again, its just ridiculas.

While the ball is in play, get behind them and urge them on to win/play better etc. If after we have given our all in support and they have failed to perform to an equivelent standard, by all means make your feelings known.

Good post :038:

As per posters above, your comparison is not a very good one. However, if your point of view is that fans shouldn't boo at the final whistle, I perfectly respect that. Personally, I feel it is legitimate to boo at the end of a game as I said in my original post and a very good way of providing feedback and good public pressure on the manager/chairman should sustained bad performances be occuring. I do not approve of fickleness in this regard by resorting to booing too often or too easily. If the team are doing well in the season and there is the odd off day, then of course I would not advocate booing.

If by some miracle we do go on a good run but then lose at home I can guarantee there will be booing. It doesnt matter what form the club is in, if we lose we are booed.

Against Bristol City at home last season the team played well, created several chances and it was only luck and a good goalkeeping performance that stopped us winning. It didnt stop some booing at the end, how is that providing feedback?

Willow, you say that all that boo are wankers and then say that Brauny Blues post detailing when it is acceptable to boo is a good post. If he thinks that it is acceptable to boo in those situations is he a wanker?

No one has asserted that booing for no serious reason is negative and done by wankers.

Willow, you say that all that boo are wankers and then say that Brauny Blues post detailing when it is acceptable to boo is a good post. If he thinks that it is acceptable to boo in those situations is he a wanker?

No one has asserted that booing for no serious reason is negative and done by wankers.

Sorry I thought I had highlighted the paragraph when i said good post.

Perhaps this debate could be in an appropriate thread?

In my admittedly limited experience of US sports, this is always aimed at the opposing team, not one's own team. On the whole Americans are too "loyal" - or have too much blind faith, whichever way you want to look at it - to boo themselves.

I've said it before, I would never boo a player who is doing his best. If he isn't good enough to play then it's the manager who should be booed.
I don't know really about booing the whole team. I think the manager and the players know when they are shite, on the other hand I think they understand the reactions then as well.

I've never booed anybody or anything in my life. Never have, never will.

Apart from maybe this thread. Booooooo! :)

In my admittedly limited experience of US sports, this is always aimed at the opposing team, not one's own team. On the whole Americans are too "loyal" - or have too much blind faith, whichever way you want to look at it - to boo themselves.

My case rests, your Honour.

for a boo to waft through the stadium after a poor half ,then fair enough, but to boo one player is unacceptable and the same goes if booing occurs after every poor attack or bad move.

as a paying patriot of lcfc i feel compelled to boo from time to time, just like i stand up and shout and swear, thus scaring the poor lady next to me; but constant booing is unacceptable, in my humble opinion

Last edited:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

How exactly has it been effective?

I'm all for cheering and shouting in favour of players/managers/owners that earn it. Anyone deserving of it should get loads of it, all the time. They should be hero worshipped and generally given the freedom of the City. I done it to plenty of deserving people over the years.

However, the opposite applies too.

If you're wank, you should be abused for it until such time as you feck off, or improve sufficiently to get hero worshipped.

Anyone with an ounce of testicular fortitude wants to prove doubters wrong. If they don't, we shouldn't decide that the poor lambs need to encouraged to be wank. To be praised for being wank.

It's the sort of approach that is the complete opposite of survival of the fittest. It encourages the weak to prosper when they should wither. It gets you in League One with a tosser of an owner, a nobody as a manager, and a bunch of players who believe they are up to it when they have proved themselves not to be.

20,000 people in the stadium with that attitude over the last couple of years would not have left us in the state we are now in. It might not have been pretty. It might not have been for families. But it would have shown a passion and fight that would not have tolerated the sort of abject surrender that has been in evidence from our clubs employees.

And in answer to your question, it clearly hasn't been effective because the ground is full of halfwits just like you. Instead of real supporters like me.

There endeth the lesson.

Clearly there are people who are paying money to come to matches but have already decided not to support the team. Shouldn't they be sitting in the away section?

Clearly there are people who are paying money to come to matches but have already decided not to support the team. Shouldn't they be sitting in the away section?

too right, althogh we should be aloud to voice our opinions- positive or negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669