Booing - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got no objection to booing at the full time whistle and maybe at half time, during the match it can give the players a kick up the backside but usually just puts them off their game.

To be honest the feckin money they are on and the added bonus payments should be good enough to make them give their all in a match.
Where does it say in their contracts that they will play better if the crowd cheers them or worse if the crowd boo them.
Are these players confused then when they play games behind closed doors?

i try to refrain from booing at the end of matches (never have booed during) but after the sheff wed and colchester games i let it go, restraint after those performances was not going and physically letting the manager and players know how much they've fecked me off. one of the reasons i'm far from excited at the start of the season being so close is i'll see some of those tossers playing in our team again

After Sheffield W at home I think every fan had the right to boo the feck out of those useless twats.

I don't know why we stand up and applaud when they come out. We should sit, boo and throw rubbish at them.

I see Willlow's point, but booing at the end of a movie would be madness as there is nobody there to hear your voice (directors/producers/scriptwriters etc). At a football match, all these people are right there in front of you to hear your complaints, and so that is the method used.

At an opera you will get a different set of people there, they will probably voice their disapproval in other guises, but they WILL get their message across.

Although TBF, if you attend an opera, you deserve to be f**king bored.

I see Willlow's point, but booing at the end of a movie would be madness as there is nobody there to hear your voice (directors/producers/scriptwriters etc). At a football match, all these people are right there in front of you to hear your complaints, and so that is the method used.

At an opera you will get a different set of people there, they will probably voice their disapproval in other guises, but they WILL get their message across.

Although TBF, if you attend an opera, you deserve to be f**king bored.

Opera audiences have been known to boo during a performance. :icon_wink

I 'Boooooooooooood' at an ugly child today, put me off my Cornish pastie.

Opera audiences have been known to boo during a performance. :icon_wink

but look at how much they pay, it's a massive amount even compared to a football match.
And like you say they will let them know if its a bad performance right enough.

I've never booed but I haven't got a problem with it if they are playing particularly shite. We are the paying public. I pay money to support a team to win. If they look like they don't want my support then I can voice my dissatisfaction.

If the stewards would have let me I would have run on the pitch and stuck a rocket up Howards arse last season. As physical violence is not allowed may as well Boo.

It's just like heckling Fryatt when he misses a gapping open net.

PS quoting what I just said and changing the wording with particular reference to Howards arse then inserting :icon_eek: will not be tolerated.

No i will not boo ,i have and would do again is trun my back on the players as they run out and not clap ,if everyone did that it would let them know more than boo's that just don't help anyone TBH.

But surely turning your back will also have a negative effect on the players just like booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669