''boost'' Clemence fit...NO WAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

from mercury "...boost ahead of the clash with Hull at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday with the news that captain Stephen Clemence and experienced defender Jamie Clapham were today due to return to training."

For the team to continue the momentum of the last win I am convinced of a couple of things that are needed for the last few games and in decending order they are:
1. Keep clemence OUT of the team - Oakley, Hendrie, King, Ethu, Weso... all these guys I'd give a place in the midfield ahead of Clemence
2. Keep Hume out of the flank positions. The bench, upfront... or nothing.
3. Play 4-4-2 at home and 5-3-2 away

When the team plays with Clemence in it and Hume on the flanks the team has had 9 effective players. No wonder the decent into the bottom 3. I hope this particular penny has dropped in Holloways mind... I'll be watching his team selections very carefully.

Dont normally like changing a winning team but i doubt we will play 5-3-2 at home. I would play Clapham at left back Etouhi and Mattock wide stick with Oakley/Hendrie with Fryatt/Howard up front in a 4-4-2

If Hull agree to play with nine men also, I don't think we should change a thing :icon_wink

If Hull agree to play with nine men also, I don't think we should change a thing :icon_wink

Give it up - The baggies had already lost the game by the time they were down to 9 men.

Agree with sticking with a winning side, just hope we can put two wins together on Saturday. Give Clem a bit of time in the ressies and on the bench, might be just the tonic he needs to remember how he played for the Brum.

I don't think he'll jump straight back into the first team, especially after beating the baggies. I think he will be useful on the bench though this weekend.

Even though, I'd weclome a back to back win with open arms this weekend, a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd originally penciled this one down for an away win and there are definitely enough winnable games left to see us safe. Hoping for a point this weekend

Kevin Etouhi. I'm a big fan. I've always loved this guy. Followed his every move in the game since he left Man Utd. Stick him on, best left back in the business.

Kevin Etouhi. I'm a big fan. I've always loved this guy. Followed his every move in the game since he left Man Utd. Stick him on, best left back in the business.

Big fan?

BIG FAN????

You're such a big fan that you got his first name wrong, spelled his surname incorrectly and missed out on the fact that he is still a Manchester CITY player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669