''boost'' Clemence fit...NO WAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan?

BIG FAN????

You're such a big fan that you got his first name wrong, spelled his surname incorrectly and missed out on the fact that he is still a Manchester CITY player.

it's Fantasy Fox boc, maybe not as surreal as usual but certainly not serious..

Big fan?

BIG FAN????

You're such a big fan that you got his first name wrong, spelled his surname incorrectly and missed out on the fact that he is still a Manchester CITY player.

It was a typo. I've got big fingers, but thanks for looking out for me. :056:

It has to be a boost having clemence fit as it is another squad member available. Whether he should start is a different matter. I would hope that the fact we have two more than competent replacements will start to bring the best out of clemence. Competition for places is maybe what clemence has needed to kick start him into action.

was it 5-3-2 on satdee? I would prefer if they stuck with that tactic at home also, it seems to work!
or maybe 3-5-2, if that possible with the wingers more forward

but NO CLEM, sorry, but we clearly dont need him and give oakley the armband!

ah, time to take the mongie hat off now

Last edited:
Competition for places is always a good thing at any football club, and I would suggest Clem now faces extreme competition in centre midfield. Whilst I have seen things from him that I like very much, I think even he would accept that the form Hendrie and Oakley have shown in two of the last three games at least, means they will be on and that he will need to go up a gear to retain his place.

Got to disagree with Micky and Alex... competition is a good thing, PROVIDED it's from a decent player. I view Clapham and Mattock as good competition to each other, and King v Weslowski & Campbell v Fryatt for example. But Clemence has been SO poor that to me he constitutes not competition for a place at all but emergency cover in case all the other midfielders I named are much reduced through injury.
I recognised that Clemence was a star of the championship last season but after so many games in which to make an impression this doesn't wash anymore - he should at the very least be having the same impact as say Oakley. Yet the latter is an automatic first team choice who's only been here 5 minutes and I don't think there is a single poster on these boards who would be calling for him to be dropped. (Not suggesting Oakley's been spectacular but he's clearly good enough, at least in my estimation). Clemence has been dire and actually a detrimental influence on the field. Sorry to say so. I don't doubt that he WAS a good player last season - but after 3/4 of a season it is time to say he's not good enough now. He's been given more than just a chance to have an impact. Buck up next season or you're out for good by October is my view.

Last edited:
Clemence being fit IS a boost, no doubt about it.

He's a better player than King or Wesolowski. On current form he shouldn't be in the first team, but it's better to have your third choice fit than rely on your fourth and fifth... surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566