Bournemouth v Leicester FA Cup R5

Let's be real. We're not gonna win this as a championship team. When was the last time anyone outside the top tier won any of the major cups? We've got to be talking decades...

Never the less this draw represents a test of our Premier League credentials under Enzo and our current squad so probably still worth going full strength on that basis alone.....

Thank you very much darling.

I'm not advocating us playing our reserves in the league. I'm advocating us playing a strong team in the Cup.

Personally, I prefer the Ferguson approach to squad rotation which is to make two or three changes every game and ensure that players get a break every few games. It makes total sense in our situation.

The team we put out yesterday was stupid. If we put anything remotely like that out at Bournemouth we might as well not bother.
I agree. We could put out Stolarczyk, Nelson and Albrighton and that would be a very strong team. Obs there would be other players on the pitch, but to have them to start would give a measure of our intent.

Let's be real. We're not gonna win this as a championship team. When was the last time anyone outside the top tier won any of the major cups? We've got to be talking decades...

Never the less this draw represents a test of our Premier League credentials under Enzo and our current squad so probably still worth going full strength on that basis alone.....
Didn't Millwall win a cup not too long ago?

This will be a really good test for Enzo to measure the squad against the kind of team that he's going to be expected to beat next season. Will his tactics work against a team of better players, who of our existing squad can make the step up and who can't, where will he need to strengthen in the summer? He'll only get answers if he plays a strong team

Last time a 2nd tier team won the FA Cup I was a year away from leaving school.

I'm 60 this year.

West Ham 1980. Although within a couple of weeks after winning it in 2013, Wigan were a second tier team.

I can't lose.

I've backed Bournemouth to win the whole thing. So if we lose the betting side of me is happy, if we win the football fan side of me is happy.

West Ham 1980. Although within a couple of weeks after winning it in 2013, Wigan were a second tier team.
That one doesn't count, so 1980 it is. 40-50 years is about what I thought it'd be :005:

The financial gulf is far wider now too. Even if you get a bloody kind draw all through like Millwall did that time, you will eventually have to get past one of the top boys....

The fact it's all midweek means we've all been told how important this is.

The cup is dead

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464