Match Thread Bournemouth v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see Fuchs back there. Perez pushed out wide though. He's been about our best player since the restart (behind Schmeichel of course) but I think he's less effective out wide. Still, needs must I suppose.

What do we reckon.

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Fuchs
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy

So glad to see Fuchs back there. Perez pushed out wide though. He's been about our best player since the restart (behind Schmeichel of course) but I think he's less effective out wide. Still, needs must I suppose.

Not necessarily. Could well be the same 3-4-1-2 formation as the last two matches.

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Bennett, Mendy, Choudhury, James, Praet, Gray, Barnes.
Will James make it onto the pitch? That's the big question. He needs another chance to get injured, he's been fit for far too long.

Not necessarily. Could well be the same 3-4-1-2 formation as the last two matches.

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy
God, you're right! Three at the back was smashing last time..... I really hope Fuchs is at LB.

Yet again our bench is utterly lacking in options. Two central defenders and four central midfielders.

Surely to feck, there are other players available somewhere? I mean James for fecks sake.

I hope its the 3-4-1-2 I wanted to see

Justin LWB, albrighton right. Fuchs there to support Justin

The ref is Stuart Atwell.

He's been around the PL for many years. However, in six seasons, he's only referreed us in three PL games. Which is odd. Oh, and we lost them all.

His first PL match for three years (after being dropped) was City 0 WBA 1 in 2014. Next time he officiated us in the PL was Boxing Day 2016 when we lost at home to Everton 0-2. His last PL game with us was in April 2018 when we lost 1-2 at home to Newcastle.

To put that into some context, before today, he has refereed Bournemouth three times this season alone, including doing their home game with Palace three weeks ago.

BN's right, I can't see under what circumstances James would get on the pitch. Are our youngsters really so poor that it isn't worth giving one of them the boost that making it into the matchday squad would provide?

If Matty James is being selected over Luke Thomas, when we have zero full back cover on the bench maybe he's not as good as we have been hearing, that or someone needs to have a word with Brendan and order him not to select 3 DMs on his bench

I've got a bad feeling that Fuchs will play as once if the 3 centre halves with justin on the right and albrighton on the left as wing backs!!!! I hope I'm wrong

If Matty James is being selected over Luke Thomas, when we have zero full back cover on the bench maybe he's not as good as we have been hearing, that or someone needs to have a word with Brendan and order him not to select 3 DMs on his bench

I'll DM him about his DMs.

Not sure why people are against the 3-4-1-2. We've looked better in that system the last couple of games. Against arsenal we got overran at times but they had 3 strikers up against us, but we have much more attacking threat

Without Maddison, its the best way to add attacking threat and get 2 strikers in

I'm interested to see how Bournemouth set out here. Will they try and keep it tight and hope to sneak one, or will they go for it early?

They can't afford to lose this game, but really they need to win.

I think they'll start defensively then push forward.

A patient approach for us could work well here. I hope we get in front early, but we shouldn't be throwing everything forward in the first 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669