Pre Match Brighton (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Well this was the fixture I looked for first this season. Shame that it looks like it's going to be played in minus three. Should be fun regardless.

Expecting Marshall and Drinkwater to start for two of Wellens, Dyer or Gallagher. Interested to see if Big Wes stays on the bench.

All together now....'We love you, we love you, we love you'

Marshall for Dyer (who shouldn't be in the squad)
Drinkwater for Gallagher (who should never be in the squad again)

Kennedy takes the spare place on the bench

Simples

84 - 0 to the Fosse Gold Super Foxes

I'm sure the travelling faithful will give Joe Mattock the traditional welcome :081:

Don't know people waste their time chanting about Mattock. Incredibly medicore player, not worth our attention. He seems to rise to it and play well whenever we play him too. Get behind your own team instead.

Last edited:
Marshall for Dyer definately, i think Drinkwater has been bought to eventually replace Wellens. NP may also play Morgan in place of Mills or SSL, I was hoping for a win last night followed by at least a point here, but if we beat Soton we can beat these, im going 1-2 Beckford Delfounso

Don't know people waste their time chanting about Mattock. Incredibly medicore player, not worth our attention. He seems to rise to it and play well whenever we play him too. Get behind your own team instead.

Couldn't agree more.
The way we chanted for the boys last night was how it should be done. It clearly helps them with their desire etc.
IMO Team should be:

Kasper,
Peltier, Mills, St.Ledger, Konchesky
Marshall Danns Drinkwater Dyer
Beckford Nugent

Subs: Logan, Morgan, Gallagher, Delfenouso, Howard

Get rid of Gallagher, Dyer and Wellens for Marshall, Drinkwater and Delfuenso. Team I would go for is:
Kasper
Peltier Mills St.Ledger Konchesky
Marshall Danns Drinkwater Delfuenso
Beckford Nugent

Subs:Logan, Morgan, Dyer, Wellens, Hopper

Last edited:
I'd go for the same team that finished the game last night bar Marshall in for del boy as wide midfield is not his natural position. Also, it would be good to have a propper striker on the bench to replace Nugent or Beckford when needed as they've been playing full 90 mins for most of the recent games which won't be able to be maintained until the end of the sesason.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half against Boro we should get 3 points easily. Shame it's so far away though as really got a taste for it again after going last night!!

Last edited:
Schmeichel

Peltier SSL Mills Konchesky

Drinkwater Wellens Danns Marshall

Beckford Nugent

SUBS: Logan, Morgan, Delfouneso, Gallagher, Howard

I think Gally will be out for Marshall, but that will be the only change.

I'd like to see Drinkwater take Wellens or Dyer's place in the starting line-up too, but it's good to have someone with his energy to bring on in the second half.

Last edited:
Get rid of Gallagher, Dyer and Wellens for Marshall, Drinkwater and Delfuenso. Team I would go for is:
Kasper
Peltier Mills St.Ledger Konchesky
Marshall Danns Drinkwater Delfuenso
Beckford Nugent

Subs:Logan, Morgan, Dyer, Wellens, Hopper

Lovely idea but it won't happen.

Would like to see Kennedy given a go in the side myself. I like Konchesky, but Kennedy looks much more composed, less of a hoof merchant and doesn't take 20 minutes to settle into every game. Reckon he's much more of a Pearson player and likely to thrive under him than Konch.

OK here's my pitch. Kasper, Peltier, Morgan, SSL, Konchesky. Midfield Marshall, Danns, Drinkwater, Delboy. Forwards Beckford and Nugent. Subs Mills, Howard, Hopper, Wellens and Gallagher. Captain, Danns because of his work ethic, the responsibilty would help him mature as a central midfield player. He ceratainly wouldn't let anybody slack.
I will now put my tin hat on.

All Nigel has to do for his team talk is play the interview with Mattock aired on BBC Radio Leicester tonight, in which he says that Pearson's teams don't play proper football.

Job done. 3 points for us.

making a weekend of this one setting off in the morning, got my bucket and spade all packed.

making a weekend of this one setting off in the morning, got my bucket and spade all packed.

Think an ice shovel and grit is probably more appropriate atm. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570