Bristol City - Sat 24th November 2007 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 2000 unreserved seating tickets for this game.

£23.00 Adults
£18.00 Seniors
£13.00 Students (with NUS)
£13.00 Under 16's

The OS have not confirmed when these are on sale. If they haven't already started, I would think they will do as of next Monday.

Fox Travel

Fox Travel will leave at 9am

£15 Adult STH
£13 Concessions STH
£16 Adult NON STH
£14 Concessions NON STH

Directions & Parking

Approx 130 Miles - 2½-3 hours

M69 > M6 > M42 > M5 .....

Leave the M5 at Junction 18, travel along the Portway (A4) following signs for the Bristol Airport/Taunton (A38). Over the swing bridge (Brunel Way), branching left into Winterstoke Road, and you will see the ground on your left.

Parking at the ground is for permit holders only, so it is a case of finding some street parking.

Trains

There are engineering works between Leicester & Birmingham, so a replacement bus service is in operation.

There are currently £10 singles available on selected trains from Leicester. Coming back there are only £10 singles available on the 19.29pm service and 20.29pm service.

If you want the freedom of being able to travel on any train on this route, a saver return is £51.50.

**Please note that Bristol Temple Meads station is over 2 miles from the ground. A taxi is approx £6

Pubs

The Pumphouse & The Novia Scotia by the waterfront are recommended for away supporters. Pubs close to the ground are home fans only. Please note that The Robins Pub, is no longer for away fans.

No alcohol is served to away fans in the ground.

Last edited:
Just phoned the ticket office, Monday 12th STH Priority 1, Tuesday Priority 2... and so on. As for the ground, the away end is a dump, and is pretty similar to the east stand at filbert street but with backless seats. We will be housed behind the goal to the right of the east end (wedlock stand) if you are looking at it. From a mate: The rest of the east end was closed for a few seasons and only reopened to home fans last season, it used to house the 'hardcore' fans and my bet is it still does along with the corner of the dolman (north) stand. There is usually a large gap of around 2 blocks between home and away fans though unless they sell a lot of tickets (which is rare!).

I will reiterate the distance from the train station, its very far! Saying the Novia Scotia is by the waterfront may be misleading as its actually a way from what we bristolians call the waterfront and instead by something called 'the cumberland basin'. The pub however is walking distance from the ground along a disused railway line. It may be the best option to get a taxi here and then walk to ground and vice versa. Bristol City fans are known to be very hostile, probably due to their rivalry with Bristol Rovers, so I'd advise to be careful when venturing into the unknown.

If anyone wants any advice on places to go/stay/visit when in Bristol or just general information such as directions etc then let me know and ill do my best to help out!

Unless you get a train to Parson Street station, which is about 3/4 mile away from the ground.

Please be aware that there is only 1 train per hour to this station from Bristol Temple Meads.

unreserved seating, top call. haven't arranged where i am staying as yet, but await tips from lcfc40 :icon_cool i'll be arriving in bristol at 8.05 if there's no delays in the flight, start early.

recommend any good food pubs before the pints really start flowing?

unreserved seating, top call. haven't arranged where i am staying as yet, but await tips from lcfc40 :icon_cool i'll be arriving in bristol at 8.05 if there's no delays in the flight, start early.

recommend any good food pubs before the pints really start flowing?

Ill sort a mini guide out tomorro. Where abouts you looking to stay? Central/train station/airport?

Aint sure if i am going now because of Saturdays performance.

In the end i probably will end up going. Buuuutttt i dont want to travel all the way there and see us get thrashed and playing shite.

On the other hand Bristol lost 6-0 so that sounds promising.

£105 for two adults, not too bad.

just wanting to stay in the centre really

For the sat night, you can get the ramada plaza for £80, or thistle (very central!) for £85. Theres also a marriott (there's 2 in bristol, royal is more expensive) for £99 if you wanted to stretch the budget a bit.

If your looking for a bit cheaper though, clifton is always a good option, lively and a 10-15min walk (via park street and numerous bars/clubs) from centre. The Clifton Hotel is available at £40 or the washington hotel for £52. The Clifton hotel has a nice underground bar which is actually my work local!

Looks like the premier travel inns and travelodges in the centre are fully booked, leicester fans???

If your looking for a bit cheaper though, clifton is always a good option, lively and a 10-15min walk (via park street and numerous bars/clubs) from centre. The Clifton Hotel is available at £40 or the washington hotel for £52. The Clifton hotel has a nice underground bar which is actually my work local!

Looks like the premier travel inns and travelodges in the centre are fully booked, leicester fans???

Highly recommend this place! My mate's brother lives there. Must be one of the most pleasant places in the UK.

Anyone know what parking is like around the ground?

I have been to Bristol city before but it was in 2000 or so and I used the main car park - which if I recall correctly had 'Please Stay Akinibi' scrawled on the wall.

Bristol City fans are known to be very hostile, probably due to their rivalry with Bristol Rovers

Well that certainly makes no sense what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566