Confirmed Transfer Brunt loaned to Mansfield

My only trip to Mansfield was in our 1969 FA cup run, which we won 1 - 0.
We were in an area that was standing only and seemed to be a mixture of City and Mansfield supporters. I was just a young teenager and - surrounded on all sides - I wasn't tall enough to see the pitch. A burly Mansfield supporter heard me whinging and he lifted me up to stand on top of a narrow brick wall so I could see the game. Can't recall much about the game or who scored - but I remember the pitch was akin to a muddy ploughed field - and that Mansfield had some decent fans.

I also was there but I think I'd hit adolescence so the view was OK.

Young(ish) Lewis following in the steps of Matt Piper, whose loan spell there was adjudged a success, and got in the 1st team on his return to Filbo. Perhaps a career as Radio Leicester summariser is there for the taking?

Walking through the city centre recently it was almost heart breaking to see what it has become
Those halcyon days of standing outside Dixons for the final scores to come in, Perusing through all the vinyl at Ainsleys
Christmas window displays at Lewis’
Even going through the market used to be a nice experience .

The evenings in Baileys

Also can’t forget the wonder of Woolies
Problem is that the same people who bitch and whine that “it’s all gone” are the same ones who buy everything from amazon.

Retail doesn’t survive without people actually buying things.
(Poor management does not help either)

Problem is that the same people who bitch and whine that “it’s all gone” are the same ones who buy everything from amazon.

Retail doesn’t survive without people actually buying things.
(Poor management does not help either)

The Remember Leicester Facebook pages are full of rose-tinted spectacle wearers wailing about Lewis's demise 30+ years on (blame the council apparently) before sharing their happy memories of "shopping" back in the day. These reminiscences are overwhelmingly about any or all of - the wooden escalators - the Christmas displays and Santa's Grotto - buying a bag of broken biscuits and occasionally a slice of gala pie.

Makes you wonder why they went bankrupt with such spendthrift customers.

The Remember Leicester Facebook pages are full of rose-tinted spectacle wearers wailing about Lewis's demise 30+ years on (blame the council apparently) before sharing their happy memories of "shopping" back in the day. These reminiscences are overwhelmingly about any or all of - the wooden escalators - the Christmas displays and Santa's Grotto - buying a bag of broken biscuits and occasionally a slice of gala pie.

Fact : if your customers only remember your prices in retail your business will die eventually.

I got fed up of those pages. Same old shit over & over again. Did make me a bit nostalgic for my childhood though. It's not often you hear people discussing " darkies " these days. Old school 70s style racism nestling in the digital age.

I got fed up of those pages. Same old shit over & over again. Did make me a bit nostalgic for my childhood though. It's not often you hear people discussing " darkies " these days. Old school 70s style racism nestling in the digital age.
****s sake you’ve just reminded me of something that happened last Christmas. Older relative in the pub holding court about ‘woke’ TV adverts and how you never see ‘interracial’ couples in real life…. All while sat at the same table as his white grandson and his girlfriend who isn’t white.

****s sake you’ve just reminded me of something that happened last Christmas. Older relative in the pub holding court about ‘woke’ TV adverts and how you never see ‘interracial’ couples in real life…. All while sat at the same table as his white grandson and his girlfriend who isn’t white.
Give it a few years. He'll love the Barclays ads in 2030 where they give out a business loan to a bloke & his bearded transvestite partner for their startup project manufacturing stilletto heeled boots & shoes in sizes 10 & upwards.

Give it a few years. He'll love the Barclays ads in 2030 where they give out a business loan to a bloke & his bearded transvestite partner for their startup project manufacturing stilletto heeled boots & shoes in sizes 10 & upwards.
You’ve really thought about that, haven’t you?
Was that your Dragons Den opening gambit?

You’ve really thought about that, haven’t you?
Was that your Dragons Den opening gambit?
Yes.

It was all going well too until that bloke who was more pompous than the others (takes some doing) said he couldn't take me seriously as a businessman as I wasn't wearing a tie.

Bit chaotic after that.

Story of Kinky Boots, less the beards, innit?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463