Budget June 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I'm saying, albeit in a confusing way. How wrong am I?

Well Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons all passed on the saving, ebuyer and dabs did. Primark, Matalan and M&S in Leicester did. I shoped in all of these (says a lot about my appearance).

beighton155 said:
Well Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons all passed on the saving, ebuyer and dabs did. Primark, Matalan and M&S in Leicester did. I shoped in all of these (says a lot about my appearance).
I stand corrected. Not sure a few pence in the pound will be noticeable either way.

I stand corrected. Not sure a few pence in the pound will be noticeable either way.

I didn't really notice it before, so I doubt I shall now. Especially as I'll be moving back with my parents in a few weeks and will be massively cutting down on what I spend anyway.

Surely it would've been against the law for them not to pass on the saving? Or they'd be defrauding the *Inland Revenue?

*Edit* Or the VAT man, or whoever they are.

Last edited:
Surely it would've been against the law for them not to pass on the saving? Or they'd be defrauding the *Inland Revenue?

Did we ever find out what charity City donated the money to?

No I didn't hear it either, would have been very controversial IMO.

:icon_lol:

I didn't really notice it before, so I doubt I shall now. Especially as I'll be moving back with my parents in a few weeks and will be massively cutting down on what I spend anyway.

You have been married less than a year!!

Surely it would've been against the law for them not to pass on the saving?

At no point was it ever mandatory that prices be reduced to reflect the VAT reduction.

well I didn't really understand any of it cos i'm thick, but I'll probably be worse off than I already am! Perhaps I should've waited til we were out the recession before splitting up!

I don't know your circumstances, but I guess like me you're pretty much joe bloggs? If so, the only real change I can see for you will be the VAT increase next year. You will however have £1000 more on your tax free allowance, and £21 a month more on your NI allowance.

I don't know your circumstances, but I guess like me you're pretty much joe bloggs? If so, the only real change I can see for you will be the VAT increase next year. You will however have £1000 more on your tax free allowance, and £21 a month more on your NI allowance.

To put it simply, I'm poor.

My cats will be fed all month, I might not be the last week of the month ha! That's about it.

I earn a pittance anyhoo so doubt I'd see much of a difference in either of those whereas this 20% increase in VAT will include food yeah? So to my thick head that will mean it will cost more to eat throughout the month.

That pretty much covers what I need to know I reckon!

and you lot are MEAN to me!:icon_cry:
It's not my fault I have the emotional ability of a potato so can't do relationships, I should be getting looks of pity instead of cutting remarks. Bastards.:081:

Did we ever find out what charity City donated the money to?

No the club trousered it. Despite the fact they said they would pass it to charity they didn't. When you work it out how much they saved it is a huge amount. They went very quiet on this. I have sent several emails to the club and not had a reply from them.

No the club trousered it. Despite the fact they said they would pass it to charity they didn't. When you work it out how much they saved it is a huge amount. They went very quiet on this. I have sent several emails to the club and not had a reply from them.

I think Lisa mentioned it at the last fans meeting, not sure if she got any info? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669