Budget June 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't hear it either, would have been very controversial IMO.

:icon_lol:

You have been married less than a year!!

She's moving in with me with them whilst I train to be a teacher and my salary drops below an amount we can afford to live on! :icon_wink

So nice to see Nick Clegg sitting there nodding his head at the increase in VAT - this despite his vociferous campaign against such a measure during the run-up to the election

He's such a nice bloke, you know.....

If only the country hadn't been near bankrupted by the last lot eh? Might have have left some options for the new guys.

To put it simply, I'm poor.

My cats will be fed all month, I might not be the last week of the month ha! That's about it.

I earn a pittance anyhoo so doubt I'd see much of a difference in either of those whereas this 20% increase in VAT will include food yeah? So to my thick head that will mean it will cost more to eat throughout the month.

That pretty much covers what I need to know I reckon!

and you lot are MEAN to me!:icon_cry:
It's not my fault I have the emotional ability of a potato so can't do relationships, I should be getting looks of pity instead of cutting remarks. Bastards.:081:
If you earn so little surely having an extra £1000 of earning before you pay tax and an extra £21 from your NI contributions in your pocket will be a huge help??

Last edited:
Harriet Harman should be the next Prime Minister. There is no doubt about it. In her response she said posh boy's plans were:

"equivalent in scale to putting every working man and woman in Coventry out of work"

Now THAT'S what I call a ****ing budget :038:

Harriet Harman should be the next Prime Minister. There is no doubt about it. In her response she said posh boy's plans were:

"equivalent in scale to putting every working man and woman in Coventry out of work"

Now THAT'S what I call a ****ing budget :038:

:icon_lol::038::038:

I heard that too and it made me laugh. She's a joke but at least she bothered turning up unlike the Milibands, Ball etc. Love the way they've only been out of power a few weeks yet they are moaning about the state of the country.

If only the country hadn't been near bankrupted by the last lot eh? Might have have left some options for the new guys.

Odd. I always thought that the new guys had more friends in the City that's pretty much bankrupted us.

Odd. I always thought that the new guys had more friends in the City that's pretty much bankrupted us.

No, that can't be right. NeoLabour trousered all the cash, they were seen filling up a box Transit at the Treasury the night before the election.

If you earn so little surely having an extra £1000 of earning before you pay tax and an extra £21 from your NI contributions in your pocket will be a huge help??

£4 a week. Not to be sniffed at, obviously, but worth checking against the benefits you might have received before they were snuffed out today. And checking whether what's left of that £4 was worth it for all of us for the council services that are going to be savaged - whether they benefit you or someone else.

£4 a week. Not to be sniffed at, obviously, but worth checking against the benefits you might have received before they were snuffed out today. And checking whether what's left of that £4 was worth it for all of us for the council services that are going to be savaged - whether they benefit you or someone else.

Where would you have had the money come from then to bail us out?

:icon_lol::038::038:

I heard that too and it made me laugh. She's a joke but at least she bothered turning up unlike the Milibands, Ball etc. Love the way they've only been out of power a few weeks yet they are moaning about the state of the country.

I chuckled at this as well, can't believe they have the cheek to moan about the cuts that have been brought in and to argue "it is too much too soon" when it is there fault in the first place that we are in the shit!

Also I cant help but laugh at how Labour now refer to it as a global recession and how it was unavoidable. Really?

BTW before I get accused of being anti-labour, I would say the same thing if it had been any of the other parties. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Also I cant help but laugh at how Labour now refer to it as a global recession

They always have done - mainly because it was

How they subsequently coped with it is a different story

Indeed its not the fact there was a recession (there has been in most developed countries) but how our has been longer and deeper than most.

To hear that families earning up to £83,000 a year could still claim tax credits goes some way to showing whats been spunked away unecessarily over the last 13 years.

Indeed its not the fact there was a recession (there has been in most developed countries) but how our has been longer and deeper than most.

To hear that families earning up to £83,000 a year could still claim tax credits goes some way to showing whats been spunked away unecessarily over the last 13 years.

:icon_eek:

That figure could only ever come into play if a family somehow managed to earn £25,000 more than they originally envisaged in the financial year - and even then it would only continue until the end of that particular tax credit year in which they magically got that increase, after which they would get nowt

The reason it's there is because HMRC made a complete and utter cock up of recovering overpaid credits from subsequent years

That really is an unlikely scenario, and I doubt that it has ever actually happened

Makes for a very nice thing to throw into the budget speech, though, to please all Daily Mail readers

Last edited:
That figure could only ever come into play if a family somehow managed to earn £25,000 more than they originally envisaged in the financial year - and even then it would only continue until the end of that particular tax credit year in which they magically got that increase, after which they would get nowt

The reason it's there is because HMRC made a complete and utter cock up of recovering overpaid credits from subsequent years

That really is an unlikely scenario, and I doubt that it has ever actually happened

Makes for a very nice thing to throw into the budget speech, though, to please all Daily Mail readers

So you could still claim them on an ongoing basis if the income was £58,000 a year?

that's ridiculous. When the missus and I were On a very low income a few years back, and looking for a place of our own, we looked into the possibility of claiming a housing benefit. They told us that we would be entitled to claim £2.50 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669