Pre Match Burnley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did we suddenly end up in (not yet massive) trouble like this?
We are 6 points off 3rd from bottom but 6 points from the top half. Of the teams below us, we have 1 game in hand against Everton and Burnley, 2 games in hand against Watford, Newcastle and Norwich, 3 games in hand against Leeds and 4 games in hand against Brentford. Of the teams close above us, we have 2 games in hand against Villa, 3 games in hand against Brighton and Southampton and 4 games in hand against Palace.

There's lots of ways to describe where we are now but 'in trouble' is bedwettingly hyperbolic at the moment.

A 6 pointer. It'll be a draw.
Literally going to Burnley on a cold, wet Tuesday night. You take your point and you’re happy with it.

Literally going to Burnley on a cold, wet Tuesday night. You take your point and you’re happy with it.

If there's another type of Tuesday weather in Burnley I've never seen it. I'd take a draw.

If there's another type of Tuesday weather in Burnley I've never seen it. I'd take a draw.
Couple of days of drizzle in the summer.

...we have 1 game in hand against Everton and Burnley, 2 games in hand against Watford, Newcastle and Norwich, 3 games in hand against Leeds and 4 games in hand against Brentford.
I don't know how many times people have to be told that games in hand are worth nothing unless you get points from them. If we get as many points from our next 1/2/3/4 games as we did from our last 1/2)3/4 games, we are in deep shit.

Norwich are down.

Watford are in major trouble but are improving defensively and have Sarr back. 50/50 for me whether they survive.

Burnley and Newcastle will be fine.

Brentford are in free fall and I'd say they're in big trouble.

Then there is Everton, Leeds and us. All supposedly too strong to go down and all playing dreadfully.

Our season will be defined this month. Burnley, Leeds and Brentford in the next four league games plus an incredibly tough tie with Rennes.

The decision to stick with BR will be proved right or wrong during this run. If Vardy comes back and plays at his best for a while, that will be crucial. It's remarkable how we still depend on him.

I don't know how many times people have to be told that games in hand are worth nothing unless you get points from them. If we get as many points from our next 1/2/3/4 games as we did from our last 1/2)3/4 games, we are in deep shit.
I understand that. However, even with that in mind, describing us as being 'in trouble' given the circumstances as they are at the moment is nonsense. Lose our games in hand and then we can start looking over our shoulder.

I understand that. However, even with that in mind, describing us as being 'in trouble' given the circumstances as they are at the moment is nonsense. Lose our games in hand and then we can start looking over our shoulder.
You can be as optimistic as you want; I've already started looking over my shoulder and I will continue to do so until I see some spark of improvement. Hopefully we will get the three points tonight and I'll awaken tomorrow thinking it had all been a bad dream.

15 points off 7th is an absolute ****ing disgrace for this team. I’m amazed Brendan is still here personally.

There’s no doubt we’re in trouble. Just look at our form from March to May for the past two seasons.

There’s no doubt we’re in trouble. Just look at our form from March to May for the past two seasons.
Our form is in reverse to previous seasons. So you think that this will be the year that we sneak into 4th place on the last day of the season?...

What a bunch of absolute bedwetters

We won the FA Cup ffs, everything I've read suggests that saves us from anything this season?

Our form is in reverse to previous seasons. So you think that this will be the year that we sneak into 4th place on the last day of the season?...
4th from bottom if things go well

Norwich are down.

Watford are in major trouble but are improving defensively and have Sarr back. 50/50 for me whether they survive.

Burnley and Newcastle will be fine.

Brentford are in free fall and I'd say they're in big trouble.

Then there is Everton, Leeds and us. All supposedly too strong to go down and all playing dreadfully.

Our season will be defined this month. Burnley, Leeds and Brentford in the next four league games plus an incredibly tough tie with Rennes.

The decision to stick with BR will be proved right or wrong during this run. If Vardy comes back and plays at his best for a while, that will be crucial. It's remarkable how we still depend on him.
I have said it many times a top striker is the difference between safety and relegation in this league Vardy has been one of the most prolific goal scorers in this league ever since we were promoted. 37 points has been the average over the past 10 years to avoid relegation we should achieve that.

I 100% agree this month is critical win the next three games and we are safe imo, mental how we are talking about survival this season, the bottom line has been our recruitment with the decision to strengthen the squad in depth with mediocre players ( is Walsh available?) was a big mistake. Listening to Sam Allardyce being interviewed about survival and he was saying that teams that go for a smaller squad of quality rather than the opposite tend to do better.

BR was saying "we need to disrupt the market to compete" i.e buying players like Tielemens, JJ, Ricardo to maintain European football. has the issue been COVID and a back to back season? I say COVID as a result of travel and the impact on our owners financially. Our transfers this season have been
  • Ryan Bertrand (Southampton)
  • Boubakary Soumare (Lille)
  • Patson Daka (Red Bull Salzburg)
  • Jannik Vestergaard (Southampton)
  • Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig, loan)
The reason we have had so much success recently is because we took risk with players and no one saw us coming we need to go back to that, is it time to take more risk with our development team even just to freshen things up, I sincerely he hopes BR goes with 2 upfront tonight.

Your sentence about being too good to go down is bang on the money just look at the West Ham team when they were relegated!

Come on FFS! We're just 3 points from mid-table. Brendan can't do anything about losing our best players or being games behind. Sure, we have to win those games - but would anyone on here swap places with any of the 7 teams below us or 4 above us???

would anyone on here swap places with any of the 7 teams below us or 4 above us???
Above us definitely

Southampton look a ****ing million miles better than us at the minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572