Pre Match Burnley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no doubt we’re in trouble. Just look at our form from March to May for the past two seasons.

It's true that our form in the last 15 games of the post champions seasons hasn't been great, but from 2017 onwards we've accumulated 23 (Shakey's revival), 16, 21 (Puel's Exit) , 17 and 20 points respectively - depressingly consistent on the whole. . Repeating anything like the worst of those totals would see us safe this season, I think.

It's true that our form in the last 15 games of the post champions seasons hasn't been great, but from 2017 onwards we've accumulated 23 (Shakey's revival), 16, 21 (Puel's Exit) , 17 and 20 points respectively - depressingly consistent on the whole. . Repeating anything like the worst of those totals would see us safe this season, I think.
I don't think that fits the narrative though. We're all dooooomed, remember.

You can be as optimistic as you want; I've already started looking over my shoulder and I will continue to do so until I see some spark of improvement. Hopefully we will get the three points tonight and I'll awaken tomorrow thinking it had all been a bad dream.
In all fairness, at your age, waking up tomorrow is always a bonus....

We are 6 points off 3rd from bottom but 6 points from the top half. Of the teams below us, we have 1 game in hand against Everton and Burnley, 2 games in hand against Watford, Newcastle and Norwich, 3 games in hand against Leeds and 4 games in hand against Brentford. Of the teams close above us, we have 2 games in hand against Villa, 3 games in hand against Brighton and Southampton and 4 games in hand against Palace.

There's lots of ways to describe where we are now but 'in trouble' is bedwettingly hyperbolic at the moment.
No win this year, no clean sheets for I don’t know how long (bed wetting could be the cause perhaps), and Burnley possibly closing within 3 points. It’s hardly hyperbole. It’s happening.

We may well be within reach of something better, but that requires a turn around in form. This is the bottom half of the form table.

76DA9D07-A63A-48BB-9ED3-0983CB20028A.jpeg

No win this year, no clean sheets for I don’t know how long (bed wetting could be the cause perhaps), and Burnley possibly closing within 3 points. It’s hardly hyperbole. It’s happening.

We may well be within reach of something better, but that requires a turn around in form. This is the bottom half of the form table.

View attachment 16652
We play 4, every else plays 5.
That’s fair!

In all fairness, at your age, waking up tomorrow is always a bonus....
'Tis true. I had a reminder of this a few weeks ago when I heard a former colleague and close friend was in hospital following a serious stroke. Apparently he will be out soon but being fed via a tube; the council were round last Friday, measuring his doors to see if they are wide enough for a wheelchair.

Relegation doesn't seem that bad in comparison. I wonder how that fish and chip shop in Crewe is going on.

Apparently it’s NOT a rainy Tuesday in Burnley. Whether that is a good sign or not remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566