Bye bye Barber

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

You're spot on.

Wednesday last week, I was watching Central News when 3 Leicester fans were interviewed and generally their intelligence was awful.

One example - 'I cant imagine us playing RovRum'.

Is that the Rotherham United who beat us on Boxing Day 3 years ago....

Unfortunately the average IQ of a football fan is about 23. Thick as shit the majority of them.

Boy Genius

Banned
I personally cannot see the fixation with Barber. He talks on the radio and thats it. So he makes a few mistakes here and there, how is that harming our club? There is a choice, don't switch the fecker on.

Fox Fan

Could this ex-apprentice bloke be taking over?

SNN1017CX_280_466965a.jpg

TV hopeful Ian Stringer last night became the third Apprentice fired by Sir Alan Sugar – but gave the game away to radio listeners.
The 26-year-old got a roasting on the BBC reality show when he made a mess of the restaurant task.
After Sir Alan gave him his marching orders Ian took up a job as a sports reporter for a local radio stationBEFORE his sacking went out on air.
Despite Beeb efforts to keep secret what happens on the prerecorded show, regulars to BBC’s Three Counties Radio, based in Luton, and Radio Leicester would have been able to work out that Ian had already been told: “You’re fired.”
Ian, who previously worked for a computer firm, last night said: “I have been working for radio because the BBC told me it was fine to do so – I was not breaking any guidelines.
“I love working for radio – and I plan to carry on doing so. It’s the best job in the world.”
But Ian is still upset to get booted off the TV show.
He claimed: “Kevin Shaw should have gone, not me.
“I was well and truly gutted. But I can’t blame Sir Alan, it wasn’t personal. I hope Lee McQueen goes on to win – he’s the man.”
The Apprentice is filmed several months before it airs.
Producers are at pains to conceal what happens to the contestants for as long as possible to keep the show’s seven million viewers guessing as to who will win the £100,000 job with Amstrad boss Sir Alan.
While dad-of-two Ian, from Flitwick, Bedfordshire, did not break any show rules, he must have alerted people to the fact he did not win.

Thrax

Spot on Fox Fan. Ian Stringer is the new John Barber.
Apparently he's a City fan.

what? he's gonna start talking to Matt Piper about something totally irrelevant during the match, and THEN finally tell us that theres nothing going on..

Last edited:

Uncle Connolly

You've got to be kidding.

I couldnt stand this guys naive and horrid attitude on The Apprentice, and now he's going to be the next Barber.

This is surely a joke.

four king power

I couldnt stand this guys naive and horrid attitude on The Apprentice, and now he's going to be the next Barber.

This is surely a joke.

I know, how Alan Green or Jonathon Pearce were not brought in to do this prestigious radio opportunity is beyond me. :icon_roll

homer

This is surely a joke.

Did he get to commentate on a football game, then ?

I must have missed that episode

:bang:

I don't care what he was like on the apprentice. It would just be nice to here a radio Leicester commentary that actually mentions the game they are there to report on for a change. He can't be any worse than Barber....can he?

Portugeezer

No, it's cos the twat is a Sheep and gets facts wrong every damned game(so I am told by people who listen) and the way he crawls up the arse of the club is sickening.
And on the phone-ins he's patronising to any callers who says anything anti-LCFC, and quite a few times doesn't let them say their points, instead him and Birch talking over the caller.
Biased and unprofessional.

Has feck all to do with anything else, if he was an adequate sports reporter people would've said so. He's not even that.

No he's not

4-4-2

This is surely a joke.

And what has that got to do with his abilities as a football commentator?

Naive maybe, but I don't remember horrid.

I think I heard 9 others had applied for this job - only BBC folk were allowed. Nice one! :icon_roll

A mate of mine who works in radio says he's better than Barber. I tend to trust his opinion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670