C Palace (FA Cup Replay) - NOW Weds 14th Jan '09 - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

***Date now Weds 14th Jan 2009 - Kick off 8pm***

Kick Off:

8pm

Tickets:

The OS doesn't confirm the allocation, however I suspect there will be enough tickets to meet the demand for this game.

Edit - Allocation is an initial 500 tickets.

5th Jan - STH P1
6th Jan - STH P2
7th Jan - STH P3
8th Jan - Members
9th Jan - General Sale

£15 Adults
£10 Seniors
£5 Under 16's

Fox Travel:

Fox travel coaches will depart at 2pm

£15 Adult STH
£13 Senior/Under 16 STH
£17 Adult non STH
£15 Senior/Under 16 non STH

Trains:

Please note that the prices below are still available for the new new date (14th Jan 09)

There are currently £8 singles going (13.53/13.57 & 14.57 services) The journey to London is approx 1hr 10mins

Coming back, there are £10 singles on (23.15 and 00.15 services). The journey time coming back is on average 2hr 30mins.

Once in London you will need a Zone 1-4 railcard. From Kings Cross St Pancras underground take the Northen Line towards Morden, changing at London Bridge Station. From here take the train towards Caterham or Horsham leaving at Norwood Junction. The ground is approx 10-15 min walk from here.

Bob is an expert on London transport, so I am sure he will be able to provide a better/more cost effective route?

Pubs:

Having been here a couple of times, I've always had no problems at The William Stanley (Wetherspoons) on the High Street (to the right) once you leave Norwood Junction.

I believe the london branch will drinking copious amounts of ale in the Railway Telegraph, which is close by Thornton Heath station.

Last edited:
Re: Crystal Palace (FA Cup Replay) - Tues 13th Jan '09 - 8pm

The OS doesn't confirm the allocation, however I suspect there will be enough tickets to meet the demand for this game.

Understatement of the year!

Allocation / Fox Travel details updated.

i assume it will be ok for away fans to pay on the day

see you lot there

Kick Off:

8pm

Tickets:

Edit - Allocation is an initial 500 tickets.

5th Jan - STH P1
6th Jan - STH P2
7th Jan - STH P3
8th Jan - Members
9th Jan - General Sale

£15 Adults
£10 Seniors
£5 Under 16's

Fox Travel:

Fox travel coaches will depart at 2pm

£15 Adult STH
£13 Senior/Under 16 STH
£17 Adult non STH
£15 Senior/Under 16 non STH

Trains:

There are currently £8 singles going (13.53/13.57 & 14.57 services) The journey to London is approx 1hr 10mins

Coming back, there are £10 singles on (23.15 and 00.15 services). The journey time coming back is on average 2hr 30mins.

Once in London you will need a Zone 1-4 railcard. From Kings Cross St Pancras underground take the Northen Line towards Morden, changing at London Bridge Station. From here take the train towards Caterham or Horsham leaving at Norwood Junction. The ground is approx 10-15 min walk from here.

Bob is an expert on London transport, so I am sure he will be able to provide a better/more cost effective route?

Pubs:

Having been here a couple of times, I've always had no problems at The William Stanley (Wetherspoons) on the High Street (to the right) once you leave Norwood Junction.

I believe the london branch will drinking copious amounts of ale in the Railway Telegraph, which is close by Thornton Heath station.

As per below post, will City fans be allowed to pay on the door?

Anyone fancy meeting up for a bevvy before the game?

Cheers..CF

There has been no announcement on this yet but I can not imagine that we will be unable to pay on the day. This will be at the ticket office near the gate and not at the actual turnstile.

There has been no announcement on this yet but I can not imagine that we will be unable to pay on the day. This will be at the ticket office near the gate and not at the actual turnstile.

You going to the replay?

I will be driving across the M4 from Chippenham on the night of the game and will be leaving there about 4:45. Bit worried that i may not make it on time.

Has anyone got any tips of where to park or anything like that? Or even somewhere to drive to and then get the train in?

I think Boc helped me out last night when i did the same for Fulham and i parked up at Osterley.

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers

I will be driving across the M4 from Chippenham on the night of the game and will be leaving there about 4:45. Bit worried that i may not make it on time.

Has anyone got any tips of where to park or anything like that? Or even somewhere to drive to and then get the train in?

I think Boc helped me out last night when i did the same for Fulham and i parked up at Osterley.

You could drive to Alex's...not sure you would get out of his place in time for kick off though

You could drive to Alex's...not sure you would get out of his place in time for kick off though

Alex lives at 10 Rillington Place. All welcome

You going to the replay?

No. Which, in truth, means that I will probably change my mind at short notice.

Not a challenge that I would relish in the time you have available but I think it is doable. It is altogether different getting to Selhurst than it is to Craven Cottage - south-east rather than south-west London - deep in Southern Electric land rather than quite close to a couple of tube lines. It is this that makes parking somewhere like Osterley an inadequate solution IMHO.

A route planner or a SatNav would probably take you along the South Circular Road (A205) - quite a congested and torrid route at the best of times. I think I would consider coming right around the M25 to J7 and then turning onto the M23 towards central London. You would then have two choices - either drive to the ground, leaving the A23 at Thornton Heath Pond (going straight on onto the B266 where the A23 takes a left turn) - or park at or near Coulsdon South station and take the train from there to Norwood Junction (13-20 minute journey time; some journeys require a change of trains at East Croydon).

Perhaps people who live in south-east London will have better suggestions.

Best of luck.

As per Boc's reply, i would be looking into dumping the car on the west side of London and getting public transport through from the outskirts. Travelling across from SW London (or M25) inwards ((M25 would be the best option of the 2)), would take you at least 1 1/4 hours.

I will have a look at some options for you later if you want me to. I know the areas pretty well as i only live about 3 miles form Selhurst Park.

Let me know if you want me to or whether you have sorted your plans out already.

Last edited:

Yes that would be great Camberwell. I really appreciate your help guys.

I do have the option of staying in Croydon that night as well as i have a friend who lives there.

Other option is the train i suppose?

Outrageous.
:098::098::098::098::098::098:

When do we get some compensation ??!!

After the debacle at Carlisle, the Foxes Trust asked people who had lost money to contact them with the details. I am sure that they would welcome information from people who have lost money because of the change on this fixture too.

Anyone fancy meeting up for a bevvy before the game?

Cheers..CF

drinks at Railway Telegraph, see you there.

can give you a description of myself if you want!

Yes that would be great Camberwell. I really appreciate your help guys.

I do have the option of staying in Croydon that night as well as i have a friend who lives there.

Other option is the train i suppose?

TBH (having looked at it myself) i think Boc's suggestion to park outside ((or on the outskirts)) of London would be best, Clapham Junction is good as it is only 5 stops to ''Selhurst'' and would lprobably only take 15-20 minutes. The walk from Selhurst to the ground is probably 5 minutes.

To be fair, if i were you i would take the train all the way from Chippenham or if i had to drive park and train it.

See you there.

drinks at Railway Telegraph, see you there.

can give you a description of myself if you want!

Please do so ((not in too much graphic datail though))....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566