C Palace (FA Cup Replay) - NOW Weds 14th Jan '09 - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Crystal Palace (FA Cup Replay) - Tues 13th Jan '09 - 8pm

For **** sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:098::098::098::098::098:

****ing train booked and everything

Oh like the train to Birmingahm on Sunday from Carlisle :icon_wink

Ticket office have confirmed that you can buy tickets on the day.

Not a challenge that I would relish in the time you have available but I think it is doable. It is altogether different getting to Selhurst than it is to Craven Cottage - south-east rather than south-west London - deep in Southern Electric land rather than quite close to a couple of tube lines. It is this that makes parking somewhere like Osterley an inadequate solution IMHO.

A route planner or a SatNav would probably take you along the South Circular Road (A205) - quite a congested and torrid route at the best of times. I think I would consider coming right around the M25 to J7 and then turning onto the M23 towards central London. You would then have two choices - either drive to the ground, leaving the A23 at Thornton Heath Pond (going straight on onto the B266 where the A23 takes a left turn) - or park at or near Coulsdon South station and take the train from there to Norwood Junction (13-20 minute journey time; some journeys require a change of trains at East Croydon).

Perhaps people who live in south-east London will have better suggestions.

Best of luck.

I can now leave here (Chippenham) about 4pm and a friend says a can park at his at a fairly nearby Croydon. I should make it now shouldnt i well within time?

I can now leave here (Chippenham) about 4pm and a friend says a can park at his at a fairly nearby Croydon. I should make it now shouldnt i well within time?

I would have thought so - although I still wouldn't go into Croydon. As I said before my advice would be either to drive around Croydon on the bypass (the A23) and park near the ground or park south of Croydon at Coulsdon North and take the train through Croydon.

It should be noted that we are not being accommodated in the usual place for this game. The Arthur Waite stand, where we normally sit, will be closed - and we will be in the "supermarket end" (to the right, if you were sitting in the Arthur Waite and facing the pitch).

This makes it a longer walk from both Norwood Junction and Selhurst stations, but a shorter walk from Thornton Heath.

I would have thought so - although I still wouldn't go into Croydon. As I said before my advice would be either to drive around Croydon on the bypass (the A23) and park near the ground or park south of Croydon at Coulsdon North and take the train through Croydon.

Ok, i will probably see how i'm doing for time when i get nearer. With me staying over night in Croydon and having to get back for work the following day i would ideally want to park at my mates house!

may leave even earlier, in fact .. half day .. why not :icon_lol:

Ok, i will probably see how i'm doing for time when i get nearer. With me staying over night in Croydon and having to get back for work the following day i would ideally want to park at my mates house!

may leave even earlier, in fact .. half day .. why not :icon_lol:

Ah yes - I had forgotten the 'staying overnight in Croydon' bit.

Depending where he lives in Croydon, you may be able to get a bus from there to somewhere near the ground.

Cheers,I take it there is one on Sky or Setanta as well

Bristol City v Portsmouth is on Setanta Sports 1 live on Tuesday with the whole match being repeated at noon on Wednesday.

Can't see anything on Sky. Do they still have the FA Cup?

Bristol City v Portsmouth is on Setanta Sports 1 live on Tuesday with the whole match being repeated at noon on Wednesday.

Can't see anything on Sky. Do they still have the FA Cup?

Thought Soton v Man Utd was on the other Sunday on Sky but I might be wrong

Thought Soton v Man Utd was on the other Sunday on Sky but I might be wrong

Indeed you are :icon_wink

The Third Round Proper replay TV Selections

Tuesday 13 January 2009
7.45pm on Setanta Sports
Bristol City v Portsmouth

Wednesday 14 January 2009
8.10pm on ITV1
Southend United v Chelsea

-----------------------------------------

The Fourth Round Proper TV Selections

Friday 23 January 2009
7.45pm on Setanta Sports
Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Saturday 24 January 2009
12.40pm on ITV
Hartlepool United v West Ham United

5.15pm on ITV
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Sunday 25 January 2009
1.30pm on Setanta Sports
Cardiff City v Arsenal

4pm on Setanta Sports
Liverpool v Everton

Colin's view on the first game:

"Our bore draw was the lowlight of the round

The FA Cup may have been great for Hartlepool and Nottingham Forest but I pitied the fans who saw our tie at Leicester. It was the worst match I've seen in about six years, the highlight was a one-two involving the ref. And now we have to do it all again this week, with the reward being an away tie at Watford. No disrespect, but it hardly whets the appetite.

The supporters were good at Leicester, though it was only 20 seconds before the home fans began chanting a rude, and familiar, song about my personal habits. I stood there and pointed to my watch as if to say, "Give us a minute at least".

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-strain-out-of-our-plymouth-trip-1297524.html

well it's a very mild day today in London

good job the tossers moved it to tmr for being cold today

Advice required... Going to the game tomorrow night and was planning on driving to Clapham Junction, however it appears there is no parking (well according to National Rail!). I'll be coming over from Heathrow and thought Clapham Junction would be the best place to train in from.

If anyone can give me some travel advice it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566