Cadamarteri signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you are right but I've seen too many players come on as Subs and look the part only to prove a let down when the play from the start.I'd be very sceptical that DC is going to be the one who makes the others show some passion and motivation,besides isn't that the Managers job?:icon_conf
I heard Dixon on MOTD say that he though DC's goal was luck,think he described it as a 'Swing' or something...

Must stop repeating myself..

Last edited:
I really hope you are right but I've seen too many players come on as Subs and look the part only to prove a let down when the play from the start.I'd be very sceptical that DC is going to be the one who makes the others show some passion and motivation,besides isn't that the Managers job?:icon_conf

Perhaps Kelly motivated DC.;)

Perhaps he should then try motivating the other 10 out there then

Well at least it's a start. TBF they were all up for it yesterday, as they should have been, playing a premiership team. I do agree that it p*isses me off when for some games this season it appears they just haven't turned up. I fully accept your point about the manager being responsible for this, but I just wish sometimes the players would accept their responsibilty too - not holding my breath 'tho.;)

Whenever I hear "great substitution from the Manager" to me it translates as "The Manager fecked up with his starting line up, but at least he corrected it with a few minutes to go".

Is it just me :102:

Last edited:
Whenever I hear "great substitution from the Manager" to me it translates as "The Manager fecked up with his starting line up, but at least he corrected it with a few minutes to go".

Partially agree with you, but with someone like DC, who isn't 100% match fit, then playing him from ther start might have meant he had to be subbed off, or just be too tired to make the shot in the last seconds when it counted. By bringing him on fresh he was able to take advantage and his current lack of fitness didn't matter so much

not necessarily-dc wouldn't have able to play the whole game yesterday as i doubt he is fully match fit so bringing him on for the last part of the game when he's fresh and the defenders are beginning to tire seems a good idea to me ;)

not necessarily-dc wouldn't have able to play the whole game yesterday as i doubt he is fully match fit so bringing him on for the last part of the game when he's fresh and the defenders are beginning to tire seems a good idea to me ;)

Sounds familiar ;)

Come on guys, please don't bring common sense in to this discussion, I won't have a leg to stand on. Rob Kelly can do no right in my opinion, common sense will only cloud my judgement and make my opinion less valid

i think it depends how often it happens. as a manager you pick what you believe is your best team, but sometimes one of your players doesn't play as you expected, or the opposistion cancel him out so you make a sub. not alays possible to tell before the match. but if it happens a lot there is a problem.

also, sometimes a manager might spot a weakness and bring on a player to exploit it which i think the manager deserves credit for.

most of the time subs are made because players tire though, if the sub does well its just luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669