Card Watch 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy ref!

Danny Simpson - 1 RED
Arsenal (a) - second booking - unsporting behaviour (foul)
Simpson will serve a one-match suspension as a result of his sending off and will miss the home game against Norwich

5 YELLOW

West Ham (LC, h), Crystal Palace (h), Swansea (a), Manchester City (a), Arsenal (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Robert Huth
- 7 YELLOW
Bournemouth (a), Norwich (a), West Brom (a), Newcastle (a), Chelsea (h), Liverpool (a), Aston Villa (a)
Huth was suspended from the game at Goodison on account of his five bookings

Marc Albrighton - 6 YELLOW
Aston Villa (h), Hull (LC, a), Swansea (a), Manchester City (h), Bournemouth (h), Tottenham (FAC, h)

Jeff Schlupp
- 5 YELLOW
Sunderland (h), Bournemouth (a), Stoke (a), West Ham (LC, h), Crystal Palace (h)
Schlupp was suspended from the League Cup game at Hull on account of his five bookings

Jamie Vardy - 5 YELLOW
Sunderland (h), West Ham (a), Crystal Palace (h), Chelsea (h), Aston Villa (a)

Marcin Wasilewski - 4 YELLOW
West Ham (LC, h), Everton (a), Tottenham (FAC, a), Arsenal (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

N'Golo Kanté - 3 YELLOW

Stoke (a), Swansea (a), Arsenal (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Andy King
- 2 YELLOW
Tottenham (h), Bournemouth (a)

Danny Drinkwater - 2 YELLOW
Stoke (a), Arsenal (h)

Yohan Benalouane - 2 YELLOW
West Ham (a), Hull (LC, a)

Kasper Schmeichel
- 2 YELLOW
West Brom (a), Tottenham (FAC, a)

Christian Fuchs - 2 YELLOW

West Ham (LC, h), Arsenal (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Shinji Okazaki
- 1 YELLOW
West Ham (a)

Ritchie de Laet
- 1 YELLOW
Bournemouth (a)

Nathan Dyer
- 1 YELLOW
Aston Villa (h)

Riyad Mahrez
- 1 YELLOW
Stoke (a)

Wes Morgan - 1 YELLOW
Manchester City (a)

Season so far total:
City: 1 RED, 50 YELLOW
Opponents:
2 RED, 53 YELLOW

Last edited:
In a game of few fouls (19) in total. somehow the ref managed to give:

Kante = 1 foul and yellow carded
Fuchs = 0 fouls and yellow carded (? this is according to the official stats)
Simpson = 3 fouls and two yellow cards
Wasyl = 2 fouls and yellow carded

Only Wasyl's was deserved for me. Arsenal also managed to receive four yellows for nine fouls, all of which were harsh.

So we got five yellow cards for a total of ten fouls in the match today.. By means of comparison, last week at Man City, we committed fifteen fouls and got two yellows.

Horrible inconsistency and shite refereeing from Atkinson who was clearly influenced by a home team/crowd moaning and whining about any kind of challenge. He seemingly decided to spray cards about for just about anything.

This is not even mentioning the only poor challenge in the game (Drinkwater) which should have been a red.

In a game of few fouls (19) in total. somehow the ref managed to give:

Kante = 1 foul and yellow carded
Fuchs = 0 fouls and yellow carded (? this is according to the official stats)
Simpson = 3 fouls and two yellow cards
Wasyl = 2 fouls and yellow carded

Only Wasyl's was deserved for me. Arsenal also managed to receive four yellows for nine fouls, all of which were harsh.

So we got five yellow cards for a total of ten fouls in the match today.. By means of comparison, last week at Man City, we committed fifteen fouls and got two yellows.

Horrible inconsistency and shite refereeing from Atkinson who was clearly influenced by a home team/crowd moaning and whining about any kind of challenge. He seemingly decided to spray cards about for just about anything.

This is not even mentioning the only poor challenge in the game (Drinkwater) which should have been a red.

I have just posted about this is the Post Match Thread. And completely agree with what you have said.

I can also confirm that Fuchs was booked for a foul on Oxlade Chamberlain (I think) but the referee played the advantage before going back to book him.

Fuchs definitely deserved it but the worst one was Koscielny in the first half on Kante - completely took him out as he broke over the halfway line and almost split the poor little fella in 2!

Still carried on and didn't make a fuss unlike all of the ****o players were.

Anyone seen the video going round of the **** player falling over in front of the ref, rolls a few times and then when he realises no free kick, up in and instant and straight in the refs face?? Not sure who it was but sums their performance up yesterday perfectly.

It's that kind of stuff that should be punished after the game with videos etc.

Anyone seen the video going round of the **** player falling over in front of the ref, rolls a few times and then when he realises no free kick, up in and instant and straight in the refs face?? Not sure who it was but sums their performance up yesterday perfectly.

I was close to the incident, he did two forward rolls (with pike) as if he had been shot and then sprung back up in the same movement.

I sat in the home end and their fans really are a bunch of whinging and moaning bastards who really do get on the refs back.

As I've said earlier I thought we were a tad lucky not to get booked first half but second half the ref more than made up for it.

Was tackle was completely uncalled for.

Fuchs definitely deserved it but the worst one was Koscielny in the first half on Kante - completely took him out as he broke over the halfway line and almost split the poor little fella in 2!

Still carried on and didn't make a fuss unlike all of the ****o players were.

It was Aaron Ramsey after the Drinkwater foul. It was a horrendous foul which should have been a red card even though it wasn't malicious. No excuse for the Arse arse to do give somersaults if he wasn't genuinely injured.

I didn't mind Arsenal before yesterday, but they really are a bunch of bollockless whining ****s.

He won the ball and knocked it away from Ramsey before making contact with him.

Ramsey didn't even attempt to play the ball and wasn't hurt, never a foul let alone a red card.

Ramsey on Shinji was much worse along with the Koscielny challenge on Kante.

He won the ball and knocked it away from Ramsey before making contact with him.

Ramsey didn't even attempt to play the ball and wasn't hurt, never a foul let alone a red card.

Ramsey on Shinji was much worse along with the Koscielny challenge on Kante.

You are correct in that he did the win the ball and knocked it away before making contact - that still doesn't mean it was a fair challenge and not a foul.

And yes Ramsey wasn't hurt, but could so easily have been.

I think the fact that you say it shouldn't even have been a foul is laughable.

12743521_951555388260290_4996359664715628773_n.jpg

If you go in for a challenge and don't win the ball, expect to get hurt.

Still shots can make things look extremely different and extremely worse than what they were.

Ramsey's play acting should have more punishment than the tackle.

Ramsey was lucky he didn't get hurt when Schmeichel made that great interception in the first half. He bottled it and pulled out of the challenge just before Kasper got to the ball, if he'd done that a little later he'd have been clattered and probably hurt in the process.

Still shots can make things look extremely different and extremely worse than what they were.

Agreed - however on this occasion I think the video footage looks worse.

Agreed - however on this occasion I think the video footage looks worse.

You mean the video footage which quite clearly shows him feigning an injury??

Perhaps if he moved for the ball as quick as he did towards the ref afterwards he might have beat Drinkwater to the ball.

You mean the video footage which quite clearly shows him feigning an injury??

Yes, but I clearly meant the bit before he feigned an injury.

Yes, but I clearly meant the bit before he feigned an injury.

Ah right, so you mean the part where Drinkwater won the ball then?

If anyone should have got sent off it should have been Ramsey. One yellow for simulation rolling around the ground and then another for hounding after the ref.

Sure. That's why Drinkwater didn't bother apologising.

Oh that's right, he did!

Sure. That's why Drinkwater didn't bother apologising.

Oh that's right, he did!

But he hasn't himself come out and said sorry, only what Ramsey has said so it was probably a quick 'sorry mate' as they shook hands after which doesn't mean he admits he should have got sent off.

People get knocks all the time playing football, it happens to me and I do it to others playing 5 a side not even competitively so it definitely happens at the very top of the game. People will always apologies after but it doesn't mean they think they should have got a red card for it, you can't be sent off for being quicker to the ball.

It was a horrendous challenge.

I've played football enough to know that Drinky was very lucky he didn't suffer some afters later on. Probably lucky the Arse are a bunch of spineless babies.

Danny Simpson missed yesterday's game against Norwich on account of his suspension but there were no further cards to add to City's total for the season.

Season so far total:
City:
1 RED, 50 YELLOW
Opponents: 2 RED, 55 YELLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687