Duncan
Carr
Richie
Adcock
Hine
Chandler
Lochhead
Barry

The other one I've got no idea. There's not a significant player amongst that lot who only played a few games for City (like Heath in the other set), so nothing that I can hang it on.

And significant games in the 1920s are hard to think of.

The only thing of significance that I can remember about Terry Heath is that he scored the deciding goal in a match where Ken Keyworth and Denis Law each scored hat-tricks. I can only guess that it was that game, one of the return fixtures that we played against Manchester United over the Easter weekend 1963.

:038:

Yep, the 4-3 victory over Manchester United on 16 April 1963 which saw Leicester top the league with 5 games to go

I suppose you're right, the other one was difficult as it was hard to know which game I was thinking of as that xi lined-up countless times. It was a 1-1 draw with Huddersfield town in the penultimate game of the 1928-29 season in which failure to win made Leicester miss out on the title. Incidentally, Sheff Weds lost their final game and they ended up with a worse goal average than Leicester, so had Leicester have won that game it could have been a different story...

Hard to imagine a Leicester side ever challenging for the title again, as we did in 28/29 and 62/63.

Last edited:
It's not only me that's reading their way through Fossils & Foxes then.

How many you lot bringing? Scunny brought 68 last weekend and Burnley weren't much better midweek.

Be between 600 and 800 I think.

Don't think I want to go back again for a very long time unless a major game of importance comes up.

I'll go for 2-2. Both back fours flatter to deceive. I'd love a point. Draw these sort of away games, I'll quite happy.

Don't think I want to go back again for a very long time unless a major game of importance comes up.

Same sentiment from me - too many memories.

Yuki back in for Oak.

A sad end to the run with a 3-2 defeat, only to rebound with a demolition of Cov at the weekend.

Watched the FL show, highlights of florist & Cardiff.
Going by that, get Sol to ruffle Bothroyds feathers, Abe to cover the back four, then there's no reason why we can't win.

Anyone else think we're going to go through something similar to last year all over again? :icon_conf

On a slightly side issue, i want to go to the QPR game, my 1st this season and take a mate as it's my birthday.

I can buy them on Friday but am concerned that the 2000 will already be gone (i am aware we may get more). Is anyone in the position to buy me 2 and i will pay them straight away? Me buying the person drinks is a given!

PS. I do not live in Nigeria.

I'd take the scoreline we got last time we were there. Just not the result.

Should be a cracking game.

Anyone else think we're going to go through something similar to last year all over again? :icon_conf

Want a humble opinion? Mostly probably.

Our next four games will decided if the automatic promotion bid is feasible.

If not, it will be another May with the play-offs ruining my birthday and exams spending half of a day travelling mid-week and the excitement of it all leaving me emotionally drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669