Champions League tickets arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.
45squid per game for the cheapest tickets seems a bit steep. Due to us being in pot 1 we might not get any big names either.

Seville, Basel and Victoria Plzen anyone?

it is a bit shit.

maybe don't buy millionaires cars they don't need and instead help normal people witness something they've invested towards for years?

Do the home team keep all the gate receipts, obviously after UEFA take their cut, is it split with the away side, like cup ties here. If it's split, the next question would be, do the away side have any input into ticket prices?

it is a bit shit.

maybe don't buy millionaires cars they don't need and instead help normal people witness something they've invested towards for years?
It was widely reported that the players paid for the cars. Widely enough that you must have read it.

Plus aren't you a season ticket holder in the kop?

It was widely reported that the players paid for the cars. Widely enough that you must have read it.

Plus aren't you a season ticket holder in the kop?

Yes I am, what has that got to do with it?

Yes I am, what has that got to do with it?
They're only 35 a match. Somebody elsewhere on here is selling a ticket for today's match for £46 face value. People can't surely expect champions league tickets to be cheaper than regular match tickets? All tickets are over priced for football, ours are one of the lowest each year though.

They're only 35 a match. Somebody elsewhere on here is selling a ticket for today's match for £46 face value. People can't surely expect champions league tickets to be cheaper than regular match tickets? All tickets are over priced for football, ours are one of the lowest each year though.

The thing is, I couldn't tell you if £45 is good value at this stage, we could be playing Dundalk.

It would be nice if i could decide which games I want to attend due to work commitments etc.

If anyone buys tickets and finds they cant go for one reason or another... give me a shout.

I'm going to try and get some and have no idea if I can make 1 nevermind 3 so will keep it in mind.

I don't get the negativity on this. 56 years ago I went to my first game at Filbert St. and after ups, downs, tears of joy and tears of despair I can buy tickets to watch Leicester City play in the Champions League as English champions (I'm never going to get tired of saying that). Why wouldn't I want to buy them; 8 years ago we were looking forward to a home game against Tranmere followed by Cheltenham away ffs!!! I don't care who we're playing, I can go and hear the Champions League anthem played 3 times at the KP. Believe me, it could be a bloody long time before that happens again.

I don't get the negativity on this. 56 years ago I went to my first game at Filbert St. and after ups, downs, tears of joy and tears of despair I can buy tickets to watch Leicester City play in the Champions League as English champions (I'm never going to get tired of saying that). Why wouldn't I want to buy them; 8 years ago we were looking forward to a home game against Tranmere followed by Cheltenham away ffs!!! I don't care who we're playing, I can go and hear the Champions League anthem played 3 times at the KP. Believe me, it could be a bloody long time before that happens again.

Good for you, sadly my season ticket holding uncle can't afford to be forced to pay for 3 games upfront for him and my 2 cousins.

Shame for them I suppose.

Good for you, sadly my season ticket holding uncle can't afford to be forced to pay for 3 games upfront for him and my 2 cousins.

Shame for them I suppose.
I'm sure there are lots of people who want to go to matches but can't afford it. You don't have to buy the tickets up front if you're prepared to take the risk.

I'm sure there are lots of people who want to go to matches but can't afford it. You don't have to buy the tickets up front if you're prepared to take the risk.

So why hasn't the club clarified the position then?

They haven't so much as mentioned that there might be a chance you can get a single ticket.

I can't decide what to do...

I want to get the package for the 3 home games, but not knowing which ones are home/away makes it difficult. From the 12 group stage dates (the Tues/Weds each week), I think there's probably 2 of those that I know I wouldn't be able to go (or at least unlikely to go). If they were both home games then that would be pretty crap after paying out for the package of 3 home games! I'd be pretty unlikely for that to happen I would've thought but sod's law says if I buy the package it will.

Does anyone know if there's any way to tell when/where our games will be before the draw? For example, is the top seed in the group always home in the first round of games, away in the 2nd or anything like that?

The draw takes place 6pm Thursday I believe - do they announce the fixture dates straight away?

I can't decide what to do...

I want to get the package for the 3 home games, but not knowing which ones are home/away makes it difficult. From the 12 group stage dates (the Tues/Weds each week), I think there's probably 2 of those that I know I wouldn't be able to go (or at least unlikely to go). If they were both home games then that would be pretty crap after paying out for the package of 3 home games! I'd be pretty unlikely for that to happen I would've thought but sod's law says if I buy the package it will.

Does anyone know if there's any way to tell when/where our games will be before the draw? For example, is the top seed in the group always home in the first round of games, away in the 2nd or anything like that?

The draw takes place 6pm Thursday I believe - do they announce the fixture dates straight away?

5pm Thursday, our time.

The dates are as follows ...

13–14/09/16: Group stage, matchday one
27–28/09/16: Group stage, matchday two
18–19/10/16: Group stage, matchday three
01–02/11/16: Group stage, matchday four
22–23/11/16: Group stage, matchday five
06–07/12/16: Group stage, matchday six

As I understand it, we are at away for those games where we have a home PL game to follow. I haven't looked at our PL games to see which ones these are.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand it, we are at away for those games where we have a home PL game to follow. I haven't looked at our PL games to see which ones these are.
That would be all of them, as was mentioned when the draw was made earlier this year

I'm hoping for Lyon from Pot 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570