Championship 23/24

If there's anyone who really does think that we should expect to be flying at the top of the table, they'd do well to look at that tweet.

For more than half of my life, Wednesday were a bigger and better club than Leicester - always in the top division, chllenging for cups, big name players like Des Walker and Chris Waddle. They've been consistently mismanaged for the last 20 years though, to the point where they struggled to get out of the third tier for a long time and look like they'll be back in it by Easter. That could easily have been us at a few points, not just over this summer, but when we also went down to League 1, the near bankruptcy of the early '00s, Tony James saving us on the last day of the 90-91 season. Enzo is doing a grand job, but others are doing so too.
Still a big club in my head, and one I have a soft spot for. Bit shit seeing how badly they’ve been led.

Birmingham already 2-0 down at Soton. Sacking a perfectly good coach and hiring Rooney has really backfired hasn’t it :icon lol:

Ditto

His post match interview was comedy gold
I remember some of the shite he came out with at Derby and thinking what must the players think? It all sounds like complete crap and I can’t believe players genuinely buy it.

If there's anyone who really does think that we should expect to be flying at the top of the table, they'd do well to look at that tweet.

For more than half of my life, Wednesday were a bigger and better club than Leicester - always in the top division, chllenging for cups, big name players like Des Walker and Chris Waddle. They've been consistently mismanaged for the last 20 years though, to the point where they struggled to get out of the third tier for a long time and look like they'll be back in it by Easter. That could easily have been us at a few points, not just over this summer, but when we also went down to League 1, the near bankruptcy of the early '00s, Tony James saving us on the last day of the 90-91 season. Enzo is doing a grand job, but others are doing so too.
My memory of my early years as a football fan is of them being a nothing 3rd division side. I just checked & they spent 15 years going between the 2nd & 3rd. Only really became the club you describe in the mid 80s. I suppose because of that I've never really thought of them as a big club.

My memory of my early years as a football fan is of them being a nothing 3rd division side. I just checked & they spent 15 years going between the 2nd & 3rd. Only really became the club you describe in the mid 80s. I suppose because of that I've never really thought of them as a big club.
I think you might have checked the wrong club; Sheffield Wednesday were relegated to Division Three for the first time ever in 1975 and were promoted back to Two in 1980. They wouldn’t be back in the third tier until 2003.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663