Championship 23/24

One of only a handful of occasions this year I have thought VAR would be worth it. That kind of error is exactly what it should be for.
Except the interpretation of VAR is so often incorrect it is better to just “take” the occasional appalling error than have VAR spoil every game.

Except the interpretation of VAR is so often incorrect it is better to just “take” the occasional appalling error than have VAR spoil every game.

Totally this

We’ve had some ****ing awful refs this season, and I’ve seen some glaringly bad decisions both in our games and others I’ve seen on the telly

But even with all that, it’s been a squillionty times better than watching matches where VAR is involved. And the whole experience watching a game in person is just better in every single way without that abomination of a system interfering in everything.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I completely agree, this season has definitely made this my view. There’s been very few occasions where we’ve had genuine game changing errors and with VAR in its current form there would be so much more nonsense around every decision. Has anyone once suggested a goal was incorrectly awarded due to a marginal offside?

But I suppose my point was if we had a properly executed video assistant system then we could have these kind of decisions overturned without the rest of the VAR noise.

Has anyone once suggested a goal was incorrectly awarded due to a marginal offside?
Conversely we should have been 2-0 up at Leeds when Daka's goal was disallowed for offside. Had that goal stood we would have been twelve points clear of second place and things might look a bit better now.

With that being said I'd rather not have VAR in the way it is being used in the PL.

Our first goal (Dewsbury-Hall) against Birmingham last week was offside. Daka was stood in an offside position when the ball was played to him.

I’m finding it difficult to enthuse about other teams seemingly helping us out when we abjectly fail to help ourselves…

Get the **** in!!!!!! Thank God other people are shitting their pants.

Mental.

I think 2 wins could be enough if one of those is against Southampton.

If we'd managed to win those 2 easily winnable games against abject shite we'd be comfortably clear now with the job almost done. Furious isn't the word.
If we beat Leeds and won against Milwall and Plymouth we'd be up now.

Does no one want to get promoted?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464