Championship Taking Shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Watford, but nothing to be scared of there. There's talk Brendan Rodgers may be off from there too I hear.

People really consider Peterboro, WBA and Birmingham to be derbies?

Cov, Forest and Derby fair enough, possibly Wolves and Villa at a push, but ive never really considered any other midlands club to be a rival

According to my book of distances from my house:-

West Brom is 51 miles away
Wolves is 57.6 miles away

Brum is 41 miles away
Villa is 44 miles away

P'boro is 40.9 miles.

i knew somebody would do this but i didn't expect you to be the boring ****er that did this. i didn't have you down as a nerd hazz! :018:

I have a book at the side of my desk which I get out as all the distances etc. listed when I considering what match to go 'scouting' on a Saturday.

You've never met him though :icon_lol:

Cheeky fecker. You can forgot West Brom away next season.

I have a book at the side of my desk which I get out as all the distances etc. listed when I considering what match to go 'scouting' on a Saturday.

FFS We can't afford to buy anyone at TBFC, we rely on the loan market.

According to my book of distances from my house:-

West Brom is 51 miles away
Wolves is 57.6 miles away

Brum is 41 miles away
Villa is 44 miles away

P'boro is 40.9 miles.

But distances dont really make rivalries. Forest and County have never really had much of a rivalry despite being the 2 closest grounds in the country. Maybe a slight one, but both have much fiercer ricalries

In which case, I'd include Brum. Always feisty affairs.

ok, maybe Brum at a push because weve played them quite often so there is some sort of history there, but weve hardly ever played Peterborough so i dont know how any rivalry could really have arisen

Besides i always like to see Midlands clubs do well (except for Cov) i have a shamefully obtuse and blindly patriotic love of the region.

Last edited:
weve hardly ever played Peterborough so i dont know how any rivalry could really have arisen.
Peterborough have got very few local derbies so they definitely see us as a local rival, even if we don't. In the same way, we treat the likes of Cov, Derby and F****t as our big rivals, but they couldn't really give a shit because they have stronger rivalries with other teams.

I don't know that Peterborough are that concerned about us. The big rivalry always was with Cambridge.

Peterborough have got very few local derbies so they definitely see us as a local rival, even if we don't. In the same way, we treat the likes of Cov, Derby and F****t as our big rivals, but they couldn't really give a shit because they have stronger rivalries with other teams.

I think you will find that Cov class us as there biggest rivals by a long way, Derby and forest play it down to make themselves look good but in truth they both hate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669