Championship team of the season 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan and Danny Drinkwater have all been named in the PFA's side of the season.

Full team

PFA 2013-14 Championship Team Of The Season: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City), Kieran Trippier (Burnley), Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich Town), Wes Morgan (Leicester City), Jason Shackell (Burnley), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Andy Reid (Nottingham Forest), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Will Hughes (Derby County), Danny Ings (Burnley), Ross McCormack (Leeds United).

Last edited:
That's a decent side. We should sign them all.

Will Hughes? Who picked the team Beagrie?

Crikey, never seen such an overrated kid. Yet another average English footballer blown out of proportion by the media.

Pleased for Wes, DD & Kasper though. I don't think anyone can argue with the front two, top class.

That's the 3rd time in 4 seasons Big Wes has made Championship team of the year. What a beast!

Last edited:
Well he won't win it next year.

Would have been all Forest players had they not all been injured!

What a shame.

Will Hughes? Who picked the team Beagrie?

Crikey, never seen such an overrated kid. Yet another average English footballer blown out of proportion by the media.

Pleased for Wes, DD & Kasper though. I don't think anyone can argue with the front two, top class.

I've noticed a lot of City fans saying similar. I disagree. When I've seen him I've been impressed. He has the tools to be a very good player, in my opinion.

Would have been all Forest players had they not all been injured!

What a shame.
Reid was injured for a large part, yet he still got in. Not fit to lace Matty James boots.

I've noticed a lot of City fans saying similar. I disagree. When I've seen him I've been impressed. He has the tools to be a very good player, in my opinion.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, what I'm saying is there is so much hype around a kid that is currently average in a team performing well and I believe it is purely the fact that it is because he is young and English. If he wasn't young and English he wouldn't even be considered.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, what I'm saying is there is so much hype around a kid that is currently average in a team performing well and I believe it is purely the fact that it is because he is young and English. If he wasn't young and English he wouldn't even be considered.

I'd agree with this, he has potential but so did Mattock at his age and look where he has ended up.

As did Sheehan, Stearman and that defender who's name I forget.

With due respect, Hughes is patently better than any of those players. Andy King, when he emerged, is about the closest comparison. I expect Hughes to have a better career than King though.

With due respect, Hughes is patently better than any of those players. Andy King, when he emerged, is about the closest comparison. I expect Hughes to have a better career than King though.

Sheehan and Heath maybe, but Stearman was lauded as much as Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669